Home
Posted By: BKinSD Fly In Packing list - 03/02/19
I got invited on a fly in trip over Memorial Day weekend. Sounds like its a pike and walleye lake. Anyone got a packing list for such a thing that I could consider?

I've been up there moose hunting but never on just a fishing trip. Between the Corps of Engineers and the fisheries "biologists" at the SD GFP, our local fishing is pretty screwed up the last few years. Sad when people are leaving here to fish elsewhere but I've only got one life and I won't be waiting around.
Posted By: BGunn Re: Fly In Packing list - 03/02/19
There’s a bunch of lists online. Try google
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Fly In Packing list - 03/02/19

Things that you might not think of that you might really be glad you brought: mosquito netting, emergency toilet paper, tweezers.
Posted By: Creeker Re: Fly In Packing list - 03/03/19
A small set of side cutters. They will help with hooks where they don't belong.
Posted By: BGunn Re: Fly In Packing list - 03/03/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: LouisB Re: Fly In Packing list - 03/05/19
State or country would make a difference what might be needed that early in the summer
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Fly In Packing list - 03/06/19
Don't forget that fishing license, fish cops get grouchy about that.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Fly In Packing list - 03/14/19
Originally Posted by BKinSD
I got invited on a fly in trip over Memorial Day weekend. Sounds like its a pike and walleye lake. Anyone got a packing list for such a thing that I could consider?

I've been up there moose hunting but never on just a fishing trip. Between the Corps of Engineers and the fisheries "biologists" at the SD GFP, our local fishing is pretty screwed up the last few years. Sad when people are leaving here to fish elsewhere but I've only got one life and I won't be waiting around.

Love your signature line. My vote for another hero (and man of good sense) goes to Heck Tate.
© 24hourcampfire