Home
Posted By: Judman Jakes spin a lure.... - 05/15/19
Heard over to Idaho for tiger trout next month, ran across these on the web. Anybody ever use em? Been around for quite sometime.. Later
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Jakes spin a lure.... - 05/15/19
I’ve caught a schitt-load of trout on spin-a-lures.... lakes, streams..... casting, trolling, whatever. You can cast the crap out of them too.

Post pics when your done.....
Posted By: Judman Re: Jakes spin a lure.... - 05/15/19
Good deal, just ordered $100 worth of em. Grin

Any color that stands out Josh? Thanks
I’ve always liked the silver ones and the black ones.... depending on the sunlight.

Caught a steelhead in the Carbon one year swinging a black one through a tail-out about 15 years back.... when there were still winter-runs in there.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Jakes spin a lure.... - 05/15/19
VERY popular for trout all over the West. I've never thrown one, but I don't fish for trout much.
Posted By: Judman Re: Jakes spin a lure.... - 05/15/19
Copy I got at least 2 of each, 3 of the ones that looked good. Appears they’re very popular in the Rocky Mountain states, I’ve never seen or heard of em
They also make the Cast-a-Lure and another one called Wobble-Lure (or something of that nature). I’ve caught fish on them all... the Spin-a-Lure is my favorite though.

Good swivels save massive line-twist headaches.....
Never underestimate the trout catching capability of a CastMaster bombed 50 yards into a lake..... they’re like the .257 Weatherby of Trout Lures.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Jakes spin a lure.... - 05/15/19
Dogshooter: Never underestimate the trout catching capability of just "dropping" a CastMaster lure down, just 8 feet, into 9 feet of water (through 24" of ice!) and jigging it a bit.
I have caught some dandy large Brown Trout and Rainbow Trout doing this over the last 20 years.
In my opinion the CastMaster is a wonderful and great trout catching device.
I don't know why?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Jakes spin a lure.... - 05/15/19
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Never underestimate the trout catching capability of a CastMaster bombed 50 yards into a lake..... they’re like the .257 Weatherby of Trout Lures.

Yep and Panther Martins also. Jakes Spin A Lure looks a lot like a Super Duper, I have not had much luck with the few Super Dupers that I nave used. Could just be the luck of the draw.
Posted By: lundtroller Re: Jakes spin a lure.... - 05/19/19
The Silver one w/ red dots is a good one for trout in streams. The version that looks like a "super-duper" in brass w/ red dots is good too! The latter one is the one you can throw a mile. The spinner version with the triangular blade is built much lighter... thats the one you want in Silver w/ red dots!

I've had luck with both up in the Yellowstone/Henry's Lake areas.
Posted By: Judman Re: Jakes spin a lure.... - 06/25/19
Didn’t catch a damn thing on the jakes!!! 🤣🤣

Switched over to black roostertails and panther Martin and cooned em....
[Linked Image]
We each got a tagged fish
[Linked Image]
Got some rainbows
[Linked Image]
But the tiger trout were the coolest... beautiful fish
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]