Home
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Alpha Angler rods - 09/25/19
My youngest son's tournament partner was unable to fish a small local club tournament on the Gasconade River so he asked if I wanted to tag along. He had just gotten several Alpha Angler rods that he was using and seemed very impressed with them. I picked up one of the jig rods (Zilla) and was amazed at how much lighter it was then my Loomis IMX. Long story short, my rods stayed in the box all day as I fished a couple of his. At the end of the day, I was a believer. I contacted them that next Monday and bought a Pro-Pak, If anyone is in the market for a very nice rod for the money, take a look at them. I have used the Zilla/Clutch/Drop Shot Rod/Wrench/Rebound. Nice rods made in the USA. It is still too early to tell how they will hold up, but for the short time I have fished them, they are a true bargain.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Alpha Angler rods - 09/26/19
What are the price ranges,
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Re: Alpha Angler rods - 09/27/19
They are posted on their website. They are $235 to somewhere to the mid $300 if my memory is correct. The Pro-Pak is buy 4 get one free so that takes another 25% off. They run a special almost every holiday for 10-15% off if you are just wanting a single rod. Their glass rods are more of a hybrid in my opinion, super light and sensitive but one heck of a bend to keep them hooked up when they get unruly.
Posted By: woodson Re: Alpha Angler rods - 09/28/19
A friend of mine who fishes local reservoir tournaments converted to these. I’ve been really impressed with them.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Alpha Angler rods - 09/28/19
My favorite rod for fishing over the motor is a broke off sort of stiff cheap rod.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Alpha Angler rods - 09/29/19
Thanks, CK.
© 24hourcampfire