Home
I just read a fascinating article about the modern fish finder/depth sounders w/ GPS that can used for anchoring or trolling when used with one's electric trolling motor. See Fish & Game West, May 2020 edition. These can found on Mini-Kota motors, Garmin and Lowrance setups.
Anybody have anything like these systems on their fishing boats ? How well do they work and what do you use ? I'm looking ahead to the days that I have left when I can't do a lot of walking like I can now. When that happens, I'm going to buy another boat and have it set up like this. No more double anchoring over a prime fishing spot. Or I can troll by either following a certain depth contour, or a set course. An auto pilot, so to speak. That way, I'm free to set, or retrieve my down riggers or to fight a big trout. E
Lots of videos on YouTube. I'm in the market right now and considering a Motorguide and Lowrance combo.
One main feature is called spot lock. It works OK for the most part and will hold the boat within 10 feet or so. I find it very handy when fishing in the rivers when I want to stop and fish a certain spot. Much easier to punch a button on the remote than it is to drop anchor and hope it hooks up good.
© 24hourcampfire