Home
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Price advice? - 07/02/20
A local pawn/gun shop has an Interarms Mauser on the rack, .243 chambering, good blue, good bore, Monte Carlo stock with good finish, and an older steel tube scope, possibly a Weaver. Asking price is $350.00, possibly negotiable. I've already got a similar rifle in the same chambering, with a 26" barrel also with a 6X steel tube Weaver scope. (Along with at least 10 other Mausers, military and sporters) I'm tempted to make a lowball offer to see how flexible they are on the price. Comments?
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Price advice? - 07/02/20
I think that's right in there maybe you can get it for less ,but it's coming up hunting season so I kinda doubt much reduction. One of the local gun shops has the same outfit with a nice stock on it for the same money. After very careful examining I noticed a slight bulge in barrel ahead of the foreend ,they hadn't seen it until I pointed it out. So look it over damn good. MB
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Price advice? - 07/02/20
I always take a laptop and a borescope with me when I start negotiating. It's surprising how showing the counter guy what the rifling looks like can affect the selling price!
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Price advice? - 07/02/20
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I always take a laptop and a borescope with me when I start negotiating. It's surprising how showing the counter guy what the rifling looks like can affect the selling price!

Thats funny..
Posted By: Filaman Re: Price advice? - 07/02/20
Pull out that bore scope and I would bet that $350 goes to $300 or less. I would think $300 for a good clean Mauser in a popular cartridge would be worth that, especially when the works already been done.
Posted By: wade brown Re: Price advice? - 07/02/20
At $350 I think it would be a decent deal, I have picked up a couple lately at that price. I would have a hard time passing one up at $300. I am not a fan of the 243 but I rebarrel most of the Mausers I hunt with, a lathe saves you no money no matter how many barrels you install for yourself. With a lathe it is too easy to call up Brux and have them make me a great blank and spend an afternoon in the shop, with a new cut-rifled barrel the Zastavas run me about $700.

Don't get me wrong most of the Zastavas don't need to rebarreled if you like the caliber. I mainly hunt black bear in the woods so I don't get long range shots so I could probably get away with 8 MOA accuracy but really enjoy 1/2 MOA accuracy.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Price advice? - 07/02/20
No arguement from me Wade the one I was looking at of course is a long action which would cause a great amount of hand wringing from the bonafide members of the United Church of short action holier than thou types. Slap a med weight 26" 8" twist chambered for 6 Creed throated as you want and no mag length worries. MB
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Price advice? - 07/02/20
I've still got more than half of the 30 Turk Mausers left over from when I bought them, back when they were selling for $29.95 apiece- - - - -the desert sand in the barrel channels was included free of charge! I made and sold a bunch of sporters from that purchase.
Jerry
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Price advice? - 07/03/20
Based on GB prices, that's a good deal, even at $350. Question is, do you have a use or plan for it? $350 might help buy something you actually want or need.

You're familiar with the definition of a bargain, right?
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Price advice? - 07/03/20
"If horse schidt Is selling for a dollar a ton, it's a bargain- - - - - - -IF you have a dollar- - - -AND if you need a ton of horse schiudt"

That definition?

LOL!
Jerry
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Price advice? - 07/03/20
Not quite.

A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist.

I like yours though😜
© 24hourcampfire