Home
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Stole another one! - 09/15/20
Interarms MK X in .243- - - - - -nice wood, Monte Carlo cheekpiece, sharp rifling, hinged floorplate, and only a touch of frosting in the bluing in places, plus an old steel tube Weaver scope in butt-ugly silver-colored rings- - - - - -out the door of the local pawn shop for $325.00!
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Stole another one! - 09/15/20
Picked up an Interarms MK X Fullstock in 243 a few months ago. Don't know whether to rebore it or rebarrel it. I'm thinking 358 Winchester. If it were 308 it could join its brothers. I have a L579 FS in 308. I like the idea of your gun. But the full stock just grabs me. I have a 6.5 and a 9mm in Steyr M/S. A 1903 and 1905. I am a sucker for medium bores and full stock guns. Balanced, they seem to swing themselves on moving game. Sounds like a fun one to own. Will you bebarrel, rebore or rechamber? Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Stole another one! - 09/15/20
Mostly, I'll just add it to the stash. I bought an almost identical .243 about 5 years ago that's my go to gun for whacking the groundhogs that are undermining my barn. It's also got a steel tube Weaver scope, a 6X that hits exactly where it looks. I've got somewhere around 30 Mausers at the moment, some military originals, a few good quality custom sporters, and maybe half a dozen bubba hack jobs that will eventually get rebarreled and stocked in a nice piece of wood. I've also got the remnants of a batch of 30 Turk Mausers I bought back when they were selling for $29.95 each. They'll probably stay original, as I've got plenty of butchered-up actions to play with. I also have a stash of about 10 unfinished Parker-Hale receiver castings (un-numbered "paperweights") that need to be finish machined and heat treated. Some of them use a Mauser bolt, and a few are designed for an 03 Springfield bolt.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Stole another one! - 09/15/20
Sounds like me but in a more specialized way. I should have fired my Turk before removing the barrel! Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: efw Re: Stole another one! - 09/16/20
Dang man that’s a killer deal nice find.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Stole another one! - 09/17/20
The same pawn/gun shop owner runs another store 20 miles away where I picked up a Mauser in .22-250- - - -single shot, HEAVY 26" barrel, Reinhardt Fajen heavy varminter stock, and a 10X Weaver steel tube scope. The bluing was pretty nasty, and I bargained the guy down to $250.00. It's from the early 1950's I'm pretty sure, as a SAAMI specification factory cartridge won't chamber. The bolt won't close on a "GO" gauge. The round used to be called a ".22 Varminter" in the days before it was standardized, and I had to modify a shell holder to bump the shoulder back a few thousandths before the bolt would close. The early ones had very tight chambers, I guess. Without a great deal of load development, it consistently puts 5 rounds into a group I can cover with a quarter at 200 yards, even with the antique Weaver scope. The modified military trigger breaks at about 1/2 pound, with no creep. Somebody really knew what he was doing when he built that one!
© 24hourcampfire