Home
This beauty of a little rifle was down at the local gun store.

It is a fine rifle, IMO. Fit and finish is exceptional. Bluing is deep. Action is smoooooth. It carries light and fits me well.

I've not owned a Husqvarna rifle and the research has me befuddled on identification of the model #.

Date of manufacture = 1965ish from the serial #.

Barrel is 21", and has leaf sites for 100, 200 ,300 meters or yards

Looks like it was hunted some, but fired very little. Bolt face and barrel are pristine!

Wish it were a .308, but I'll see if the .243 will grow on me....could become a .338 Fed or .358 Win easily......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

more pics here ------> https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/15901353#Post15901353

Looks like a model 4000. If it was mine I'd pull it out of the stock and see if it has an adjustable trigger. (could be a model 7000) Alloy floorplate model. PM me your email and I can send you a couple husqvarna posters with a bit more detail, if you like.
non adjustable trigger, yes on the alloy bottom metal.
Nice find T. Lot's to like about that one as is or what it might become.
Nice rifle! Mine feel as if they were made just for me.
Very nice.

I believe the Husqvarna Secret Decoder Ring can be found in specially marked packages of Swedish Fish. smile
Husqvarna 1640 series HVA small ring Mauser action.

I'm not sure why Husqvarna was so vague about the specific model configurations.

If you do an on line search for "Husqvarna Rifle Model Identification" you're likely to find www.rex.gl where there is a nice chart.

It looks like it might be a Repeterstudsare Modell 1600 Special.

The action is long enough to handle both the usual short and long cartridges and the bore diameter is small enough to leave space for a rebore to many cartridges with bore diameters greater than 0.257".
Great little rifle.....you won't be sorry you bought it.
Good score! My Husky is my favorite rifle.
T Bone,

Very nice rifle. I certainly have had good luck with the strength, accuracy, and durability of these rifles (just my opinion). I will agree with patbrennan in saying you have a 4000 model of rifle. If the sling swivels are 1 inch, it is nonadjustable trigger, and the barrel is 52 cm (20.5 inches) I think that is what you have. I think they had a 1:10 inch twist in those. If I am reading the serial number correctly I think it is 1966 manufacture. If it is a 4000 model it would most likely be one of the Husqvarna's brought in and sold by Tradewinds Inc. of Tacoma, Wash. during that era.

Best of luck with the new rifle, and hopefully the .243 grows on you! I think the 4000's carry nice and point well.

Regards,
sixfive
Originally Posted by sixfive
T Bone,

Very nice rifle. I certainly have had good luck with the strength, accuracy, and durability of these rifles (just my opinion). I will agree with patbrennan in saying you have a 4000 model of rifle. If the sling swivels are 1 inch, it is nonadjustable trigger, and the barrel is 52 cm (20.5 inches) I think that is what you have. I think they had a 1:10 inch twist in those. If I am reading the serial number correctly I think it is 1966 manufacture. If it is a 4000 model it would most likely be one of the Husqvarna's brought in and sold by Tradewinds Inc. of Tacoma, Wash. during that era.

Best of luck with the new rifle, and hopefully the .243 grows on you! I think the 4000's carry nice and point well.

Regards,
sixfive

Tradewinds imported firearms with the Tradewinds name and model number roll stamped on the barrels, just like S&W did when they were importing Husqvarna as their Models A thru E.
If you don't warn up to the 243 and want to change out, pm me. I've been looking for a husky or a sako in 243 for a while.
I believe the later Tradewinds firearms had more Tradewind's nomenclature stamped on them. Like the later H-5000 models and definitely into the 1900 push feed actioned Husqvarna rifles brought in by Tradewinds. Many of the earlier 4000, 3000, 456, 458, etc. models did not have Tradewinds stamping I don't think.
Well....for the life of me, can't locate 243 win ammo to see how she shoots.....so, I either buy $100 worth of components and dies, or just send it to JES.

I live in elk country. While the .243 is capable with proper shot placement, a larger cartridge makes more sense in my head.

I'll think on that for a few days....
If you want to try it as is, I could scrounge you up a box of Winchester silver box 100 gr for you to try. Yours if you want them.
Congrat's, you'll have no regrets, they're sweet little rifles...

One note, the 4000/4100 lightweights tend to move a little in the stock, and will crack at the tang on occasion. This can be prevented by relieving the area behind tang, or bedding, then GTG !

CD
Thanks for the kind offers and suggestions.

This rifle was previously bedded by someone with bedding skills. Much better job than I've ever done.
I had one of these in 30-06. Beautiful gun that kicked the crap out of me. I would have kept it if was a 243. I'd leave it as is.
it is a 308 ,it just shoots 6mm bullets
Finally got all the components together and loaded up some 100 grn Hornadys on top of I4350. Mounted a Leupold 3-9x40 and took it out tonight.

Those. Swedes. can. build. rifles.

Accurate!

It will not be going to JES to get bored out!

[Linked Image]

congrats on a very nice rifle!
© 24hourcampfire