Home
I purchased a Parker Hale Hussar from a very kind gentleman here on the 'fire. Brno made ZG47 action, bottom metal and excellent trigger with a Parker Hale stock and barrel. The caliber is .30-06 (which I have a boatload of). My intent is to send to JES for a rebore to 9.3x62 and have a poor man's ZG47 in nine three. Anyone have any thoughts?
Nice start but since there isn't much special about the barrel such as integral features like sights, etc., this might be a time where replacing the barrel might be preferred. Otherwise, proceed and have fun.

The zg47 barrel came with more accutrements in comparison to the PH barrel. Thus, it might be a candidate for reboring wheres the Hussar barrel might well be replaced. Reboring would be a less expensive route.
If this PH Hussar was the one offered by smallcal, it looked to be a good one. If it shot to my satisfaction as a .30-06 with 200 gr bullets, I would have some hesitation in reboring to something else.
Originally Posted by carbon12
If this PH Hussar was the one offered by smallcal, it looked to be a good one. If it shot to my satisfaction as a .30-06 with 200 gr bullets, I would have some hesitation in reboring to something else.

Yes sir it was...
Originally Posted by Fallschirmjaeger
Originally Posted by carbon12

Yes sir it was...

The Hussar is not common.
© 24hourcampfire