Home
Posted By: Bugger Mini-Mauser - 06/04/22
A close friend passed away and I ended up with his rifles. One is an Interarms Mini-Mauser 223. The rifle is in great shape with several light scratches on the stock.
I have not seen one of these for sale in a long time. What’s your view of the Interarms Mini-Mauser.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/04/22
Never owned one, but always liked them. Ones I’ve seen have varied a lot in finish quality like others from that outfit, but the bones are solid and they can be made up into really nice little rifles. Since CZ bailed on the concept, they look better. Enjoy.

Sorry about your pal.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/04/22
I have one. It’s a nice little rifle.
Posted By: stikshooter Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/04/22
A buddy I hunt with has one, also in 223. He calls it his “Pop Gun”. He’s taking quite a few deer with it. Neat little rifles
Posted By: richj Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/04/22
I have 2. They are/were both good rifles but I had an itch to change them.

First one was in 22-250 (no longer avail) and is now a 7mm BR.
Second one was 7.62x39 and is now a 6.5 Grendel.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/05/22
I've onwd 3 different styles, 2 different Interarms Mini-Mausers in 223, a Remington 799 in 22-250, and a Zastava M85 in 7.62x39. I liked the laminated stock on the Remington the best of the bunch, but found the whole package a little too small such that they tended to be butt-heavy and I favor a neutral balance. The only reasonably priced after-market stock was from B&C, but they discontinued it.

I thought that the 22-250's COAL was a little too long for the action and that cartridges like the 223, 6.5 Grendel, and 7.62x39 were a better fit.
Posted By: Jason280 Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/05/22
For the longest time, I wanted one to build a 20" 7mm TCU on...gave up looking, and eventually found a Contender Carbine.
Posted By: trplem Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/05/22
I've one in .223. It's a nice enough rifle, as long as 1:12" twist works for your purposes. Mine was a whopping $250, is in excellent shape, and is a pretty well finished blue steel and walnut rifle.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/05/22
Bought one back around 1990, 223. Very nice handling and shooting little rifle. It was my truck gun, and was the only gun I've ever had stolen from me. Always said I was going to buy another one, but so far never have.
Posted By: mart Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/05/22
I have several, all left handed. I like them. Most of mine were Charles Daly actions I had barreled. A couple were rifles. All are in non standard chamberings and wildcats. I have an action and a rifle right now that will go for barreling after we get the house sold and get moved.

I wish I had bought one of the lefty 7.62x39s when they were available and reasonably priced.

Currently mine are in 17 Remington, 6mmx222, and 25-222 Copperhead. The rifle I’m going to rebarrel is in 6x45. The stock was shortened for a youth and the barrel is 21”. Nice little youth gun but not one I would use. It or the action I just picked up will become a 222. Haven’t decided yet on the chambering for the last one. 221 Fireball perhaps or maybe 20-222.
Posted By: iskra Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/06/22
The "picture is worth a thousand words" syndrome afoot! There are different models/sub models. "Condition" of course a significant factor. Trying to value unviewed... Really not practical; moreover any semblance of accurate as gambling against odds. Suggest 'stand & deliver ... 'the Pix'! Photos. smile As: Full rifle right & left, action closer up, nomenclature - typically on barrel. A 'du Jour', as you wish rounding the 5 pix limitation. Just a suggestion but guesswork produces little a well polished crystal ball can't perform.
Just my take.
Best!
John
Posted By: z1r Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/06/22
John, not sure that a pic is actually required. The OP asked for evryone's view, not a valuation.

They're a great little rifle for what they are. nuf said. Easier to carry than a CZ527 but not as smooth operating. My .223 is very accurate though and a joy to carry.
Posted By: Timbo Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/07/22
I've had a couple of them over the years. They lack a little in the fit and finish, but they're good rifles for the money.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/07/22
Originally Posted by Bugger
A close friend passed away and I ended up with his rifles. One is an Interarms Mini-Mauser 223. The rifle is in great shape with several light scratches on the stock.
I have not seen one of these for sale in a long time. What’s your view of the Interarms Mini-Mauser.
They are very nice little rifles for the most part. They are push feed, so not "really" a Mauser. Mine was stocked in walnut about three decades ago.
Posted By: Whiteghost109 Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/09/22
I just now saw this post, I have one that’s in the .223/5.56 flavor at least that’s what is marked on the barrel it was great for the first 10 shots I fired through it but i felt personally that is was too small for me. If the bolt handle could have been changed out to a bigger one I would think about keeping it. I think I’m planning to sell it either on here or gunbroker.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/09/22
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Bugger
They are very nice little rifles for the most part. They are push feed, so not "really" a Mauser. Mine was stocked in walnut about three decades ago.

Definitely not a CZ 527, but still kinda retro-cool. I found the 527 annoying from the bench because you can’t just drop one on top unless you get a “sled”, but they were very nicely made. Now that one of the big attractions of its replacement has flopped, I’m more annoyed by the switchover, since now the 600 is just another rifle designed to be cheap to make.
Posted By: MedRiver Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/09/22
I had one come through a couple months ago. Almost kept it for myself but have other rifle projects in the works so let it go. Mine was .223 but seemed to feed fireball cases ok so was destined to be a .20 Vartarg. Stock options aren't great but I didn't hate the factory stock.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/11/22
The stock finish on this mini-Mauser seems easy to scratch. I just saw one sell in GB. It looked like the one I have but the finish in the stock was chemically removed - not sanded. It sold for $505 plus shipping and taxes.
I don’t plan on selling this rifle but I might refinish the stock. It’s a cute little rifle. I have no positive or negative feeling regarding push feed or controlled feed - I think that distinction has been blown way out of anything reasonable - in other words I just don’t care.
Posted By: richj Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/13/22
I'm in the process of reshaping and refinishing a factory Interarms hi gloss stock.

Wanted to bed it after the rebarrel.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

bottom is factory Interarms with the gloss finish and originally 7.62x39

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/18/22
I love mine!
3/4" groups are the norm at 100 meters.
If I'm holding well, I can cut that to 3/8".
Light, handy calling rifle.
Posted By: PHWILLIE Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/19/22
I have owned several over the years. My current one is a Zastava M85 in 223. I have taken a Wyoming antelope with it and it easily shoots 3/4" groups with 55 grain Sierra game changers and either Varget or CFE223. It doesn't seem to like bullets over the 55 grain weight though. The stock is a nicely figured walnut but is a bit too beefy for the small action. It weighs 7lb3oz with a SWFA light weight 2.5-10 scope.
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/19/22
I just read a very good, IMO, review/comparison of the 7.62x39 Zastava Mini-Mauser and the CZ 527 Carbine in Calibre Magazine that's on the internet. I believe it's a Canadian publication. The review describes each rifle in detail and gets into the pros & cons of each. I don't have a Mini-Mauser but I've got a 527 Carbine in 223 which other than caliber is the same rifle as the 7.62. I thought his description and review of the CZ was pretty accurate so I'd guess the data on the Mini-Mauser is too.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Mini-Mauser - 06/20/22
I decided to sell and it's in the classifieds

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...true/re-wts-mini-mauser-223#Post17352039
Posted By: SCAMMER - BEWARE! Re: Mini-Mauser - 07/25/22
I always wanted a mini actions in .223 but I lost interest once I snagged a Howa mini in 6.5 Grendel
© 24hourcampfire