Home
Posted By: John_Boy Latest Mauser - 11/12/23
She's a 308 ....... CZ version....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: iskra Re: Latest Mauser - 11/12/23
No information comes to us either, other than by good description! How about the Model, specs & perhaps era... Minimum!
John 83-Crabby!
Posted By: John_Boy Re: Latest Mauser - 11/12/23
No clue other than being a CZ with a Douglas asked gauge barrel with a 308 Winchester match chamber. Boyds stock with one of my paint jobs. Bedded.
Posted By: Sniggly Re: Latest Mauser - 11/13/23
Yer paint job looks pretty crisp. What's your technique for the black webbing?
Posted By: KillerBee Re: Latest Mauser - 11/13/23
Originally Posted by John_Boy

That is one beautiful rifle John_Boy.

Awesome paint job, did you re-blue it as well?

You should be proud of yourself Sir! cool
Posted By: John_Boy Re: Latest Mauser - 11/13/23
Thanks. I thought about using one of these, but I'll save that for my 223 Remington...

Posted By: KillerBee Re: Latest Mauser - 11/13/23
I really like the 308 ....... CZ version, look the best, but they are all very nice. How do you paint them? I like the clamshell pattern of the pistol grip on the black-on-white rifle. Very unique!

I am in the process of refinishing my M1917 with a custom stock on it. A lot of work goes into making a rifle stock look great, looks like you have mastered the art wink
Posted By: John_Boy Re: Latest Mauser - 11/13/23
The top stock uses sponge. The lower stock is simply spider web sprayed closed but moving at a fast rate across the stock.
The commercial shroud should be here next week.
Posted By: bgiert03014 Re: Latest Mauser - 11/14/23
Looking good
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Latest Mauser - 11/19/23
Nice rifle and painted stocks. I particularly like the last stock shown. who's stock was it originally?
Posted By: John_Boy Re: Latest Mauser - 11/19/23
Most all of the pictures I pay are stocks done for my friends / members here.
I don't really keep records just gotta friends.....
Posted By: iskra Re: Latest Mauser - 11/19/23
Well... From an 'old codger', thanks for the apparent education. I don't even think in terms of "stock painting". But then I never really conjured "body paint" either beyond "native cultures". I suppose Stock painting cultures too. I'm too rooted in wood! Pun intended. So just 'bowing out' as retreating to my 'world of old' as different strokes for different folks.
Thanks again & 'Best!'
John
Posted By: John_Boy Re: Latest Mauser - 11/19/23
NEVER pass on the opportunity for a good pun…👀
I actually started this in order to wage war on black plastic…..
Nothing beats good English walnut for a hunting rifle. However, varmint, target, etc the skies the limit….
Posted By: John_Boy Re: Latest Mauser - 11/26/23
Just got done installing the commercial bolt sleeve.... Got it from huntgrouse on GB. The go to guy for Mauser parts....

Posted By: Jkob Re: Latest Mauser - 11/26/23
I have a few of those bolt shrouds if anyone is interested
Posted By: John_Boy Re: Latest Mauser - 11/26/23
Jim’s will probably fit up better than this one. It was a cast unit that took a little filing on the gas shield to allow the bolt to fully close.
© 24hourcampfire