Home
my BIL has a Mark 1 he is thinking of selling. it has had the usual bubba forearm bob. will try to get pictures asap. if anybody has interest let me know. i have not really evaluated the weapon as he always clutched it like a piece of the true cross. guess he is running out of cig and beer money and work for him is a four letter word.
will update here before i list it.
would go great with that old pederson device you have laying around grin
you mean that 35k pederson device thats laying around?
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
you mean that 35k pederson device thats laying around?

OH...well played Sir!
I know a guy who had about half of an original Pederson Device back in 1992. He spent an obscene amount of money having the rest of it made by a machinist in California who reverse engineered a complete original one. After all that it worked, but didn't work well. Lots of jams but that could be attributed to the crummy old French 7.65 pistol ammo we were feeding it. Still in all it was a hoot.

Are they really fetching 35K these days?

My first Springfield was a Mark I. I sold it to buy books while I was in college in the early 70's (and undoubtedly some of the money went for beer too grin )
I picked one up at Tulsa a few years back. It had been sporterized probably back in the '60s and although there are a few light pits in the barrel, it still shoots cast bullets well without noticeable fouling.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
as usual BIL can't decide what to ask for the Mark 1. hard to make decisions with one brain cell soaked in C2H5OH. will update when possible.

only pederson device i have ever seen is on display at the Springfield Mass armory. the curator stated that most were destroyed , with only around 20 in collectors hands.
long time ago, i worked in a bank. Was letting a guy in to his safety deposit box one day, and i remarked "oh, a pederson device" he about crapped his pants that i reconized it.
I have two of the mark I rifles. They basically took the pederson parts out and stuck them back in circulation.
got my grubbies on the mark 1. it is in such poor condition i won't be offering it. may strip it down and just use the action to build a 22-250 custom. or just give it back to him.
Picture is worth 1K in words, if you care to share them.

If the receiver is untapped, it still has some potential to the collector.

Several local smiths still rebuild 03 rifles - and they are clear that they are rebuilt to buyers.
it's tapped for a rh receiver sight, but not bridge tapped. i'll take some pictures manna.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/104947.jpg
opened with 550.00 or trade for a Ruger sp101 357
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...4022371/1903-mark-1-springfield-for-sale
© 24hourcampfire