Home
Posted By: Clarkm Old sporterized German Mausers - 06/25/19
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I got some German Mausers for cheap. They are all matching serial numbers but sporterizing them ruined the collector value.
They have been sanded and reblued, but I can still see the marks.

a) I got a JP Sauer 1940 Mauser with Redfield sight for $165 + sales tax at a pawn shop. That has shiny grooves.

b) I got another one with the stock sight, but the bore grooves are frosty. I think I paid ~$100 off a gun show table.
Nice! That 1940 Sauer was a real bargain with the sight. I am always keeping an eye out for similar rifles, they will be going long after I am done so my son can use them. What are the details on #2?
I always cringe a bit when someone here on the forum says their donor action for a build was a 33/40 action! 🤣🤣🤣🤣. They were mighty popular back in the day for a nice lightweight rifle.

A good one is pretty steep these days. Heck, any good as issue, WWII 98k is no longer the $35 rifle they were in the old days. They can be just as pricey.
That top one could be my first deer rifles twin. A '44 BCD code with a Redfield peep site and a Bishop stock. Still have it.
Nice snag!

Cheap for the Sauer action alone. Stealer.

Nothing quite like a sporterized g33, Woodie--cept for VZ!
[Linked Image]

The two Mausers seem to be the same model as manufactured and sporterized with the same stock.

One difference is the $165 rifle says "11" on the receiver and barrel.
While the $100 rifle has a flower or P on the receiver and barrel.
Let me know when you're ready to sell the one with the receiver sight.....
© 24hourcampfire