Home
Picked up a 1960's rifle built on a Zastava action in Herter's stock, replete with lightning bolt spacers, and a Herter's barrel. It is in .243 with the 7 5/8" screw spacing, something I didn't notice until I was home.

I know there are not a lot of these actions out there, just curious if these are considered more valuable than a standard length or just interesting oddballs.

Kent
Just a variation. Basically a commercial Yugo.
I have a Zastava Charles Daly commercial 98. I don't know what the bolt spacing is but I'm thinking it's pretty standard because a guy gave me a stock he thought should fit it. It didn't fit too well but the bolt spacing was fine. I just ground out a lot of wood til I could get the barreled action in it and bedded it in with stainless epoxy. It's chambered in 7x57.
Originally Posted by John_Boy
Just a variation. Basically a commercial Yugo.

Basically a shorter commercial yugo.
So although hard to find basically the same value as an Interarms Mark X.

Seems like it would be a good start to a custom build for something that needs a little more space than a SA, like 6.5x284. Be stuck with the wood factory stock though as replacements would be about non-existent.

Kent

Stocks are not as uncommon as they once were. You can certainly upgrade if you want to, a good time if you plan a custom build.

I still have a couple of these actions.
If you have a stock the world is your oyster. A duplicator can make whatever you want in whatever you want. I think it’s a great action for a build and very cool
Boyd's has a Yugo stock on their Rapid Fire page for $100
[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/ha7aeeDyDKJu3LEMA[/img]

Actually some decent wood.

Kent
Nice rifle!
Losta room in that stock to make something nice out of it. I kinda like the "retro" look of that stock.
Originally Posted by z1r
Losta room in that stock to make something nice out of it. I kinda like the "retro" look of that stock.

Grab your Herter's catalog and order one up. I maybe off 50 or so years....
© 24hourcampfire