Home
Posted By: bernie25827 6.5 Jap brass - 12/02/19
Anyone have about 20 they want to get rid of..thanks
Posted By: szihn Re: 6.5 Jap brass - 12/02/19
Look here>>> https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/75151
Posted By: bernie25827 Re: 6.5 Jap brass - 12/02/19
Thanks I'm just needing 20
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: 6.5 Jap brass - 12/02/19
I just bought factory ammo and saved the brass. I'm down to a box for each rifle if I remember correctly. Get PPU brass rather than Norma, PPU lasts longer as the rim is thicker and closer to actual chamber dimension. I have to credit Mike Venturino for that advice from his book on shooting WWII small arms.
Posted By: smarquez Re: 6.5 Jap brass - 12/03/19
I do. I Also have 19 rounds loaded up with a starter load. PM an offer. I have some old dies. I had a T38 with with excess head space and had some case cracks. My brass is new Norma. Shoot me an offer.
Posted By: bernie25827 Re: 6.5 Jap brass - 12/03/19
Pm sent
Posted By: JamesJr Re: 6.5 Jap brass - 12/03/19
I have to tell this story, even though it's not a 6.5.........years ago, I heard about a guy trying to sell an army rifle. So, I check it out, and it's a Jap 7.7, that's been "sporterized" by some "expert." Anyway, I bought it cheap, and afterwards found myself wondering why. Had a boy who worked for me on the farm that was wanting a cheap deer rifle. I let him have it for what I gave for it, but warned him that the ammo as costly. He sent his wife to buy some, and she went to the highest priced sporting good store in town. The box of Norma 7.7 cost more than the rifle did.

The price and availability of ammo back in those days was what kept me from shooting many of the old military rifles I would buy and trade for.
© 24hourcampfire