Home
Posted By: Dp1975 Huskvarna sporter stock - 12/16/19
Building a rifle on a Swedish 96 action and need a stock. Anybody have one to sell or know were I could possibly locate one of the M46 Huskvarna stocks? I really like the trim lines of the old sporters.
Posted By: z1r Re: Huskvarna sporter stock - 12/17/19
I know a guy that can make you a stock. He has a pattern similar to or the same as the M46.
Posted By: Dp1975 Re: Huskvarna sporter stock - 12/17/19
Originally Posted by z1r
I know a guy that can make you a stock. He has a pattern similar to or the same as the M46.

That may be my only option. I’ve found plenty of M46 rifles but finding a stock only is looking like it might take awhile.
Posted By: z1r Re: Huskvarna sporter stock - 12/17/19
Yeah, I got several but all in use or reserved for use. I may have my man make me one using a stock I have with a cracked wrist as a pattern if he doesn't already have one.
I've found a few of these stocks online on Ebay and Gunbroker. One key in my search was to spell "Husqvarna" properly!
Posted By: Dp1975 Re: Huskvarna sporter stock - 12/18/19
I ended up finding two today one had the rounded bottom grip I was looking for....spelling of Husqvarna not withstanding lol.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Huskvarna sporter stock - 12/19/19
I've been looking for a stock for the Husqvarna M640, preferably the one for the "Husky" model with the schnabel forearm tip. I have a beautiful very cherry M640 barreled action that is in dire need of a stock. Right now it sits in
a ratty take off from a J.C. Higgins M50 that I used for a custom.
Paul B.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Huskvarna sporter stock - 12/19/19
You might try calling Simpson LTD in Galesburg, IL, as they are probably the biggest importer of used Husqvarnas.
Posted By: z1r Re: Huskvarna sporter stock - 12/20/19
Take off stocks for the Husqvarnas are hard to find since so many develop cracks. In fact, I have two 640's that need new stocks. Will be sending one of the cracked stocks off to serve as a pattern.
Posted By: Dp1975 Re: Huskvarna sporter stock - 12/20/19
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
You might try calling Simpson LTD in Galesburg, IL, as they are probably the biggest importer of used Husqvarnas.

First place I tried. They said they import only the rifles no parts stocks etc.
I kept looking on the internet found a listing on eBay from a picture contacted the seller and he had sold the one in the listing but gave me the name of a guy that had a 46 stock 2 actually one was cracked at the wrist one was in good shape. I purchased both one for my rifle one I’ll probably use for a pattern. Good luck with your search for the M640 stock.
© 24hourcampfire