This is the only place I found them.

https://www.ullmanprecisionproducts.com/contact
Originally Posted by gann
This is the only place I found them.

https://www.ullmanprecisionproducts.com/contact

Thanks! Just ordered
https://www.forsterproducts.com/product/trigger-guard-screws/
Posted By: z1r Re: Mauser hex head action screws? - 12/17/19

Yeah, but those are slotted, not Allen Head.
NAPA or other auto supply.
Posted By: z1r Re: Mauser hex head action screws? - 01/01/20
Originally Posted by montanabadger

Really? When's the last time you saw a 1/4-22 tpi machine screw at Napa or any other Hardware store?
Originally Posted by z1r

Really? When's the last time you saw a 1/4-22 tpi machine screw at Napa or any other Hardware store?

I'm interested in that answer myself.
I've bought hex head action screws for mausers there on more than one occasion. You might have to shorten them but they are already black and they work fine.
Brownell's has screw blanks and threading dies. That's how I make mine.
Jerry
Posted By: z1r Re: Mauser hex head action screws? - 01/05/20
I've bought hex head action screws for mausers there on more than one occasion. You might have to shorten them but they are already black and they work fine.

Yeah, I'm just not keen on forcing 1/4-20 screws into my receiver that's threaded 1/4-22!

I prefer to do like Hotrod Lincoln and just make my own if I don't purchase pre-made. truth be told, I prefer the slotted head screws myself but have made allen headed cap screws when asked to do so.
I didn't ask what the TPI was , I just matched them up with the other screws I had, and bingo perfect fit. No forcing involved.
Wow, I would've bet a lot that an auto parts stores doesn't sell 1/4-22 hex head screws.
Posted By: z1r Re: Mauser hex head action screws? - 01/07/20
Originally Posted by fremont
Wow, I would've bet a lot that an auto parts stores doesn't sell 1/4-22 hex head screws.

The local Ace Hardware actually carries some "gun" screws like 6-48 and 8-40 and a few matching taps only because they are literally around the corner from the CO School of Trades, a "Gunsmithing School."

As for finding a 1/4-22 screw at Napa. I ain't buying it. They're only used for Mauser action screws, ain't enough demand for them for a store to warrant carrying them.
With only 3 or 4 threads involved, a ham-handed rookie probably won't notice a 1/4-20 screw getting tight.
Jerry
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
With only 3 or 4 threads involved, a ham-handed rookie probably won't notice a 1/4-20 screw getting tight.
Jerry

Sounds right. I have used English bolts in Metric holes on farm machinery for most of a season before I got the correct bolts.
© 24hourcampfire