Home
Posted By: yukon254 Zastava trigger ? - 12/28/19
Will this trigger fit on the Zastava model 70 commercial mauser ? Mine is a LH 9.3 x62

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...98-model-70-style-trigger-prod53851.aspx
Posted By: MTDan Re: Zastava trigger ? - 12/28/19
Should fit just fine. Zastava are standard large ring 98s. Left handed shouldn't matter for a trigger without a built in safety.
Posted By: z1r Re: Zastava trigger ? - 12/28/19
It will fit but will require alterations to the stock.
Posted By: yukon254 Re: Zastava trigger ? - 12/28/19
Originally Posted by z1r
It will fit but will require alterations to the stock.

What kind of alterations ? The Zastava safety thats currently on my rifle is a side safety that works in conjunction with the trigger assembly. With that in mind I am assuming I would need a new safety as well? I havent used this rifle in the cold much yet, but from looking at the trigger I suspect it will freeze up easily. The Winchester triggers are fool proof in the conditions I have to deal with so thats why I want to make the change.
Posted By: Jkob Re: Zastava trigger ? - 12/29/19
After you remove the left hand trigger on your action, there will still be a cutout in the stock which may need to be filled. If the newer trigfger don't come with a safety you can alswas put on a model 70 type, either a two or three position one.

In my opinion, the Timney would be a better alternative
Posted By: utah708 Re: Zastava trigger ? - 01/10/20
The link is taking me to a discontinued item, which might make the switch more difficult than it otherwise might be.
© 24hourcampfire