Home
Posted By: NEBHUNTER White Stores FN Mauser - 01/17/20
I picked up a White Stores Model 60 30/06 built on a FN action. It has a blind magazine. Stock is cracked. Looking for info on this. What stocks will fit ? What Triggers?
Posted By: z1r Re: White Stores FN Mauser - 01/17/20
Any stock inlet for a Commercial FN will fit but you would need to add bottom metal. There are some duplicators out there that can make you a blind magazine, or you can provide them your stock to duplicate.

Some of the Santa Barbara made Mausers were sold with a blind mag stock.

Any 98 Trigger will work but may require fitting or alteration to the inletting.
Posted By: NEBHUNTER Re: White Stores FN Mauser - 01/19/20
What is the Hole spacing for A commercial FN ? Is it the same as a Husqvarna, Interarms Zastava ?
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: White Stores FN Mauser - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by NEBHUNTER
What is the Hole spacing for A commercial FN ? Is it the same as a Husqvarna, Interarms Zastava ?

I know that a LR Husqvarna 98 action built by FN and sold as the Husqvarna 640 will drop in to an Interarms Mark X stock. The beech stock on my LR 640 in 6.5x55 had a serious crack in it, so I bedded the barreled action in an Interarms Mark X stock that I bought on this site and didn't look back.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: White Stores FN Mauser - 01/20/20
Originally Posted by NEBHUNTER

Usually a Weaver 45 and 46 will fit. The rear holes should be .5" apart. There may be exceptions. My very early commercial FN came with a Buehler one-piece that didn't match a regular Redfield or Leupold. Only one rear hole was drilled, so I had another one put in for two-piece bases.

Never seen a blind mag on an FN. If it's really an FN (Made in Belgium), you can probably find a slide-off unit pretty cheaply if you don't want to spend a bunch. It would certainly simplify replacing the stock.

Pics would be nice. Never seen or even heard of the White Stores version.
Posted By: z1r Re: White Stores FN Mauser - 01/20/20
Yes, the action screw spacing is the same as on the Interarms and the Husqvarna 640 which is an FN action.

And, as has been said, the scope base hole spacing is the same as the Interarms and Husqvarna.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: White Stores FN Mauser - 01/20/20
Oops! Was thinking mounts, not stocks. What can I say; I'm old.
Posted By: z1r Re: White Stores FN Mauser - 01/20/20
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Oops! Was thinking mounts, not stocks. What can I say; I'm old.

Naw, hard to tell what hole spacing, it wasn't very clear. In any case, good info!

These threads bring back memories of when guns were sold in so many places. Sears, who had their house brand, Montgomery Wards, who had their house brand, JC Penny, Western Auto had their brand.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

© 24hourcampfire