Home
Thanks
Hope you have better luck than I. Honestly I don't know what kind of idiots are selling them on ebay...uniformly these people are faking it or are actually that stupid. There is one advertised right now as an 8mm....in the photo it is a non military contour and stamped 30-06 (no not a Colombian). None of them bother to clean the barrel and examine it to describe bore condition...if they even had a clue to the terms gun people use to describe bore condition. Frustrating.
Numrich list a reproduction 8x57 barrel with military contour.
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

Yep.

Cowboytim always seems to have the hookup on these.

You might want to check out the Criterion site as they have Mil spec 03-A3 & Garand tubes and may have LR 98 stuff too.
Lothar Walther produces very good barrels in the original K-98 profile. They are reasonably priced for a premium barrel.
I have a nice military barrel here in 8mm. PM to discuss.
I have a military profile 7x57 barrel for a large ring mauser that I would sell. It has never been on an action. OK me if there is an interest.
I have a military contour 30-06 barrel. I believe it is a Lothar Walther barrel. $55 shipped.
If it were a Turk or Peruvian I have an 8-06 AcK Imp barrel. But that won't work on a standard LR.
I also have a Wilson 308 and an Interarms 270 barrel, both in sporter weight contours.
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

Yep.

Cowboytim always seems to have the hookup on these.

You might want to check out the Criterion site as they have Mil spec 03-A3 & Garand tubes and may have LR 98 stuff too.

I got my last one from Numrich, think it was made by ER Shaw. Very nice barrel, the Milsurp Yugo ones are pretty much dried up, Sarco has repos and they are still shipping. No idea who makes them.

https://www.sarcoinc.com/m98-mauser-8mm-barrel-current-production-in-the-white/

The Numrich barrels and the 2 1/2 that Shaw make are a proper 9.5:1 twist. Don't know about the other repo ones. Believe Douglas are 10:1...Mil barrels are 9 1/3:1.
I'm surprised there aren't a lot of take-offs floating around out there.
© 24hourcampfire