Home
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Late 1899/Earfly 1900 mfg. Krag that has been sporterized.

I have a weakness for the Krags
Posted By: szihn Re: Look What Followed Me Home - 03/28/20
I also love Krags. I no long own one, but maybe someday I'll get another.
Was always interested in something like that. Love those actions. Haven't seen any Krag sporters in years. Saw a beauty 20-something years ago but it was priced at about its weight in gold.
Nice find. I have my Grandad's from after he came back from WWI. Sporterized (kind of crude) but still a treasure to me. What receiver sight came on it?
Originally Posted by LEADMINER
Nice find. I have my Grandad's from after he came back from WWI. Sporterized (kind of crude) but still a treasure to me. What receiver sight came on it?

Says Redfield on the sight.
Posted By: Joe Re: Look What Followed Me Home - 03/28/20
Nice Krag. The Redfield 102 sight is built like a tank too. I have one on my 1903 Mark I.

Originally Posted by Joe
Nice Krag. The Redfield 102 sight is built like a tank too. I have one on my 1903 Mark I.

Originally Posted by LEADMINER

The un-bastardized and un-molested Carbine I found Dad in a Pawn Shop in the early 90’s for $200 bucks is locked away in the safe at the Ranch.
I love those old Krags!
Posted By: SS336 Re: Look What Followed Me Home - 03/29/20
One of my favorite rifles, you will enjoy that one for sure. They are very accurate if the bore is in good shape. Here's mine made in 1900. 120 years old, I rebuilt it a few years ago.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
WOW! smile
Posted By: 1minute Re: Look What Followed Me Home - 03/29/20
Super! Coming from the last of the black powder era, it's tough to find one in high condition.
Blackpowder....Krag?
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Look What Followed Me Home - 03/29/20
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Blackpowder....Krag?

Era. Blackpowder Era.
Originally Posted by SS336
One of my favorite rifles, you will enjoy that one for sure. They are very accurate if the bore is in good shape. Here's mine made in 1900. 120 years old, I rebuilt it a few years ago.

Beautiful rifle.
Has anyone used one of the s&K No drill scope mounts on a Krag or is just better to drill and tap for a side mount?
Posted By: tmitch Re: Look What Followed Me Home - 03/29/20
I got one a few years ago with a LH Fajen stock and Lyman sight. The Monte Carlo cheek piece wouldn't allow me to get into the sights so I shaved it off. Looks much better to me, but I still need to get rid of that white line on the forend tip. I thought about scoping it with a base from Kraghaus that uses the existing barrel sight holes, but haven't got around to it. Yet. I have a vintage Redfield EER scope that would work good for that.

Posted By: hanco Re: Look What Followed Me Home - 03/31/20
I had an unaltered Krag. I wish I hadn’t sold it.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Blackpowder....Krag?

Ah, no. 1888 was the beginning of the end of the black powder era.
Posted By: efw Re: Look What Followed Me Home - 03/31/20
That’s a great score I have always wanted a peep-sighted Krag.

SS336 that thing is absolutely unbelievable you did a great job!
Posted By: SS336 Re: Look What Followed Me Home - 03/31/20
Thanks, efw. It's surprisingly accurate with that Redfield peep sight and factory ammunition. Ringing a gong at 200 yards is not to difficult. Won't shoot groups like this all the time, but often enough to keep things interesting. Just a fun rifle.

Posted By: g5m Re: Look What Followed Me Home - 04/06/20
Nice Krag's. They are SMOOTH.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Look What Followed Me Home - 04/06/20
The German's used those in WW2! Because I saw it on the history channel!!!

Actually I was watching something a while ago on WW 1 and 2...

it was showing staged combat footage....

whoever was filming it, gave the guys in German uniforms Krags to "shoot"..

the British were Shooting Mausers....

the Americans were shooting Enfield Mk 4s......

I wondered if the people at history channel are that dumb... or else quite smart and thumbing their nose at their audience figuring they would never notice the difference and did that to 'prove so'.....

I have a Sporterized 1898 Calvary model.. 24 inch factory barrel...it was sporterized with a Bishop Stock and Recoil pad..
and has Redfield Peep Site and Front Site...

with 30 grains of 4198, it will shoot a 3 inch 3 shot group at 200 yds...using Sierra 168 grain matchkings...

Originally Posted by hanco
I had an unaltered Krag. I wish I hadn’t sold it.

LOL...don't we all regret selling some guns along the way.

I had one as a kid that I ordered from Kline's ad in the back of magazine like Field and Stream or Sports Afield. It cost $7.50 with added $0.50 to mail it.

NICE rifles in this thread, every one of them.

cool cool
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Nice Krag trio
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Mine came from my grandpa, who got it after returning from Vietnam. It's not as nice as some of the others in here, y'all have some good looking krags!

I've taken a big 7 pointer with it.

-Jake
Originally Posted by Seafire
The German's used those in WW2! Because I saw it on the history channel!!!

Actually I was watching something a while ago on WW 1 and 2...

it was showing staged combat footage....

whoever was filming it, gave the guys in German uniforms Krags to "shoot"..

the British were Shooting Mausers....

the Americans were shooting Enfield Mk 4s......

I wondered if the people at history channel are that dumb... or else quite smart and thumbing their nose at their audience figuring they would never notice the difference and did that to 'prove so'.....

I have a Sporterized 1898 Calvary model.. 24 inch factory barrel...it was sporterized with a Bishop Stock and Recoil pad..
and has Redfield Peep Site and Front Site...

with 30 grains of 4198, it will shoot a 3 inch 3 shot group at 200 yds...using Sierra 168 grain matchkings...

They only care about Aliens these days, and re-writing the Bible. Historically accurate guns? Get a life! I think it's ridiculous that they still call it the "History Channel".
Posted By: Brazos Re: Look What Followed Me Home - 04/07/20
Originally Posted by Bocajnala

Mine came from my grandpa, who got it after returning from Vietnam. It's not as nice as some of the others in here, y'all have some good looking krags!

I've taken a big 7 pointer with it.

-Jake

Your GRANDPA was in Vietnam??!!
Damn I'm getting old...

Nice rifle, thanks for carrying on the tradition and honoring your grandpa.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Look What Followed Me Home - 04/07/20
Fsck man, my dad was in WWII!
© 24hourcampfire