[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Black Widow(20ga 3" 1-5/8oz):

The Hornet(20ga 3" 1-5/8oz):

Wolverine(20ga 3" 1-5/8oz):
Posted By: NVhntr Re: New TSS loads.... - 09/24/19
Point being? What do you plan to shred with those? Velocities?
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: New TSS loads.... - 09/24/19
Wolverine(20ga 3" 1-5/8oz):

Lil Hammer 2.0(20ga 3" 1-5/8oz):

Lil Hammer 2.0:

Storm(20ga 2-3/4" 1-1/2oz):
Wasp(20ga 2-3/4" 1-3/8oz):

Ghost Rider(410 3" 375grain):
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Point being? What do plan to shred with those? Velocities?

The Point? A hobby/passion.

What do I plan to shred? Tom turkey noggins laugh

Although this 1-1/2oz 12ga Buckshot load at 1300fps is going to be mean for larger critters:

MVs of the above loads are as follows:

12ga:
Iron Man: 1150fps
The Hulk: 1150fps
The Hammer: 1200fps
Crush: 1200fps

20ga:
Black Widow: 1100fps
Wasp: 1200fps
Storm: 1230fps
Lil Hammer 2.0 1150fps
Hornet: 1200fps
Wolverine: 1200fps

410ga:
Ghost Rider: 1165fps
Posted By: pullit Re: New TSS loads.... - 09/25/19
I can attest to the fact that the 20 ga loads will flat work on a turkey's head.
I don't see ever having to pick up my 12 ga again.
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: New TSS loads.... - 09/25/19
Originally Posted by pullit
I can attest to the fact that the 20 ga loads will flat work on a turkey's head.
I don't see ever having to pick up my 12 ga again.

Agreed! My 12s collect dust these days.
Posted By: RickBin Re: New TSS loads.... - 09/25/19
I'll be interested in some of those 20 ga loads, though I am not turkey hunter (yet). I want to see what can be done with very light loads for upland game. For example, #11s are 870 pellets/oz, so a half-oz (435) EXCEEDS the pellet count of a full ounce of lead 8s (403) ... what I used for quail for all but the end of the season prior to the Cali lead ban. And the 11's are more lethal.

I could go down to 1/3-oz of 11s and get all the pellets I need. But who the heck has THAT load data, even for a .410!

Just one look at your patterns makes it clear that, um, maybe you don't need ALL those pellets for Mr. Tom, although on a turkey hunt where shooting is limited, WTH. On an upland hunt, one would expect more shooting.

We'll be talking sir ... smile
Posted By: pullit Re: New TSS loads.... - 09/25/19
Be careful on the bird loads, I can tell you that I missed a #9 shot when cleaning a turkey and about broke a tooth. My daughter found one as well with about the same results.
Posted By: fuzzytail Re: New TSS loads.... - 01/16/20
That Storm and Hornet looks bad nasty out of a 20. Will turn OLE TOMMY HEAD sideways in a hurry.
Posted By: NMSSHOOTER Re: New TSS loads.... - 02/08/20
I’ve got to quit looking at these pictures. I’ve been more than satisfied with the lil hammer load and killled a couple birds farther than I should have in fields.
Your gonna make me spend more money on components to try a few of these
Posted By: rickt300 Re: New TSS loads.... - 02/14/20
Notice the teddy bear shape in the left center of the pattern, cool looking.
Posted By: passport Re: New TSS loads.... - 04/24/20
Holy crap those are good patterns!! What’s the load detail? Wad, powder, ext
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: New TSS loads.... - 04/24/20
Damn. That stuff is impressive.

I did the math, the shots fired for those patterns cost $387.45

Is there any talk of supply being increased with commesurate price drop in TSS? The stuff is pricey.
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: New TSS loads.... - 05/04/20
That ghost load is something else. With the 20" like that you could shoot a .410 with just bead.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: New TSS loads.... - 05/07/20
Be careful on the bird loads, I can tell you that I missed a #9 shot when cleaning a turkey and about broke a tooth. My daughter found one as well with about the same results.

I was thinking what those very small, very hard projectiles would do to one's tooth...

DF
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: New TSS loads.... - 05/07/20
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

I was thinking what those very small, very hard projectiles would do to one's tooth...

DF

Exactly.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: New TSS loads.... - 05/08/20
Originally Posted by websterparish47

DF

Exactly.

Discussed on another thread, point was made about steel shot. But it’s bigger and may be easier to spot. Same exposure to an unsuspecting tooth.

DF
Posted By: Fullfan Re: New TSS loads.... - 05/08/20
I shoot one of his loads, the Lil Hammer. It is responsible for 28 long beards in the past 6 years, from my 20ga.

Nice work Ronny, and NO I AM NOT GOING TO CHANGE LOADS...………...
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: New TSS loads.... - 05/11/20
Originally Posted by websterparish47

DF

Exactly.

Discussed on another thread, point was made about steel shot. But it’s bigger and may be easier to spot. Same exposure to an unsuspecting tooth.

DF

Yeah.........

I bit down on a Heavyweight 7 about this time last year with a molar that had a filling in it. Hurt like HELL !!! Broke the filling loose, but I didn't know it. It waited til Thanksgiving night to cut loose with the pain.............and hoo boy !!!!! Luckily, my daughter is a hygienist and got me in her boss's back door the next morning.

Gonna start running all my turkey breasts under a metal detector before packaging them. Don't need anymore of THAT schidtt.
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: New TSS loads.... - 05/26/20
No need to lol. The LH is mean for sure.
Posted By: Toneloc Re: New TSS loads.... - 05/27/20
Reloader7RM, how can I get in touch with you to buy some TSS / get some load data for your 20 ga loads? Looking to try loading some rounds for my 10 yr old son for next year. He connected on our first day in PA with an 8x10 Federal load. He's officially addicted, LOL. I've showed him a few videos online on loading the TSS and he's excited to do it.
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: New TSS loads.... - 05/31/20
Originally Posted by Toneloc
Reloader7RM, how can I get in touch with you to buy some TSS / get some load data for your 20 ga loads? Looking to try loading some rounds for my 10 yr old son for next year. He connected on our first day in PA with an 8x10 Federal load. He's officially addicted, LOL. I've showed him a few videos online on loading the TSS and he's excited to do it.

Shoot me a pm
Posted By: hh4whiskey Re: New TSS loads.... - 06/16/20
I need some of that storm load. Nice.
Posted By: slaptrigger Re: New TSS loads.... - 04/03/21
Reloader I shot you a pm
Posted By: LFC Re: New TSS loads.... - 07/07/21

The meat will be so tendorized by that pattern that your can take your teeth out and just gum it.
© 24hourcampfire