Home
I just completed the refurbishment of a really nice 16 bore SxS. I bought it as s project because it was all there, barrels were on face, ribs tight. Gorgeous French walnut stock. However stock very short, BB sized dent in RB. Checkering was only visible with magnification. I extended the stock, matched the grain. recut checkering. finished butt stock & fore end with oil. Installed Damanscus skeleton butt plate to accent the barrels. Refinished the Damascus barrels. 29" barrels choked .003 R & .012 Left. The dent was removed by Kirk Merrington. Kirk told me the barrel chambers measured "just about 2-3/4" and short of sending them to an English proof house are still in proof. In Kirk speak that probably means these chamber were 2-1/2 or 2- 9/16" cut a wee bit long. At any rate Kick said they had not have not been lengthened. The actions still has some color, so I left it alone. The is dandy upland game gun. Would post pix if I just could figure out how to do that.
Try Postimage.com it's very easy.
Would love to see that.....
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/15208575#Post15208575

This is the link to the before and after photos of the Meyer. Took her out yesterday to shoot a few doves. She acquitted herself quite well. Load was 22 grains of Longshot powder, 1 oz of #7.5 for 7500 PSI and 1250 FPS.
I finally got around to posting pix.
Pix now posted.
A real Beauty you've restored. Very Nice!
That is a phenomenal job on the damascus barrels.
That is nice! I'd hunt the snot out of that......Substitute some #5s for the 7 1/2s and go kill pheasants!

Kaiser Norton
Nicely done!
Your work on lengthening the stock is great!
That is amazing work on the stock. I have no such skills, but can appreciate it when others do. Well done!
Wow! That is an excellent job. I love that pattern on your barrels and that stock is simply gorgeous.You have skills.
© 24hourcampfire