Home
I've got the 16 gauge itch that needs to be scratched. I'm trying to get a sense of quality of the Turkish made guns. Seems some people say they're fine for occasional field work and others say don't bother and save your money for something a little more expensive.
I agree with the last sentence.
Evnin boys, I had a cz s/s kept jamming some how & ya couldn't open it, delt it in. I do have a 555 Stevens, bought it cause it fitt. Not much on single triggers but this ones mechanical, pull it once & no go bang, pull again it fires the other bbl. Bbls are selective also. Still prefer two triggers but I'll keep it. Unless I find another bereta s55 I think. Not much heavier that a crosmman BB. Easy carry, shot 1oz 7 1/2s in it. It fit to but a dam young kid starting out wanted it bad so ya!! Bill out. πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
The CZ is a fine piece and is not Turkish.
I just took possession of a Akus (Turkish) SxS 16 ga as imported by Dickinson Arms in the U.S.; it’s the Plantation model and IMO compares very favorably with many Spanish or Italian guns at the $3k price point, having had some.

Turkish guns have had a reputation for some real junk. These Dickinson guns are not. You can order specific models or have a custom gun spun up. They offer the 16 in several models. Their top models are well beyond the CZ guns from what I’ve seen, at least cosmetically, though I know they function well.

Here is a pic of the wood on my Plantation model:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

FWIW, See https://dickinsonarms.com/
Evnin, EdM, were are the cz guns made ??? I thought they were all Turkish. Bill out. πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
Originally Posted by EdM
The CZ is a fine piece and is not Turkish.

That is true for their handguns and rifles but every CZ branded O/U or SxS shotgun I've seen so far has been made by Huglu of Turkey. There might be a new manufacturer of a different line thrown into the mix but I'm pretty sure that is another Turk company.

Huglu has come a long ways in producing O/U and SxS shotguns but they had an awful lot of room for improvement. I am still not too keen on them as I feel the flashy looks is akin to a flame drawing in a moth at that price point. I've been bitten by the inexpensive O/U shotgun bug more than once and it has cost me every time.

As for the Stevens, don't give it the time of day. We sell them where I work and they are our most returned/complained about guns. I sent two of the six that showed up back to the distributor last week. The one upon closing would not return the top hinge to the midpoint let alone to the right of center while with the other the forend and barrel hanger would not match up in any way. Even the C.A.I. pieces of junk from China would line up though they had other serious problems.
I have two CZ's, a 20ga and a 28ga. Both are made by Huglu in Turkey. Haven't shot either much but I've read a lot of good stuff about them. First CZ was the 20ga. Didn't know what it was when I saw it so asked to see it. Pretty much hit my hand's and I was buying it, 28ga came a couple weeks later and it is beautiful. These to shoot and last as good as they look and they will certainly out last me.
I have had good luck with the CZ Bobwhite .410 twin trigger SxS I've owned for 15 years (Huglu built in Turkey). No issues so far and about 3,000 rounds through it. Good luckl
I've owned a CZ Bobwhite in 20ga since 2005, and the gun has not had a problem.

I consider it a very good sxs, for the money. It won't rival my Beretta 470 in 20ga., but, it doesn't cost the same either.

edit to add: the CZ is Turkish, made in Huglu.

There are many Turkish Makers. Many of the revered Italians guns are made all or in part in Turkey. If you spend some time educating your self, you may avoid getting junk. I have a Wby,(shotgun) made in turkey that is very well made & have performed 100 %. It was tooo shiny, but I rubbed it down & I have a darn good trap gun.
I have had a CZ Woodcock mini in 410/410 (O/U) for a couple years now and there have been no issues.
I bought a 20 guage Stevens OU for the wife and no issues with it.
Β© 24hourcampfire