Home
Posted By: pinback01 Crazy Find: Parker Bros DHE - 03/05/21
I was recently surfing the web and stumbled across a Parker Brothers DHE 16 gauge, 30" barrels with a ventilated rib. I looked up the gun in the Parker Gun Identification & Serialization Book. It was listed as Special Order Code #19, ejectors, single selective trigger and ventilated rib. I excitedly made the call and lucky for me it was still available. They had listed the gun for $1999.99 and I couldn't believe my eyes. The person in charge of "Gun Library" pricing apparently was inexperienced with Parker valuations. The gun has lots of case color and unbelievable wood. The bores are shiny and using snap caps everything is in working order. The only distraction is the Frey-Mershon recoil pad, though the company was active in 1938, the year the gun was manufactured. Later, Pachmayr purchased the Frey-Mershon Company. Some days you just got to feel lucky.

. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Attached picture Parker-1-R.jpg
Attached picture Parker-2R.jpg
Attached picture Parker-3R.jpg
Attached picture Parker-4-R.jpg
Posted By: TimZ Re: Crazy Find: Parker Bros DHE - 03/05/21
That is an awesome find for the price! Congrats.
Beautiful Parker!!! Congrats
I prefer Foxes to Parkers myself, but since they were just giving it away, I would have had to snatched that one up! Wonderful gun that I’m sure you will enjoy greatly and what a feather in the buttstock!
You stole that gun. Congratulations. It's a beautiful shotgun and I hope you shoot it well and regularly. Nice as they are, they were meant to be used.
What a beautiful snag.........impressive Parker Bros.
Posted By: Brazos Re: Crazy Find: Parker Bros DHE - 03/06/21
Nice!
That should have been $19,999.99

Congratulations!
Wow! You stole that one! Congratulations!!!
Beautiful gun !!!!

You better go to confession.............
Are you worthy? grin
Yup, I'm worthy. I received the "Parker Letter" today. The Parker Letter revealed the shotgun was ordered by the Wm. Hoegee Co. of Los Angeles, CA. founded in 1889. The company started out manufacturing awnings and tents for the mining and orange industry. By 1904 their outfitter store was 90,000 square feet located at 138 S Main St. LA. and also contained an expert gunshop. I have added a photo of William Hoegee's home.
The price listed in the 1928 was $227.00 plus $30.00 for the ventilated rib. Using the Inflation Adjustment Calculator today's cost would be $3931.38.[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Attached picture Parker Stock Left Side Small.jpg
Attached picture WH_Hoegee_home_Hollywood.jpg
Posted By: battue Re: Crazy Find: Parker Bros DHE - 03/10/21
Well played...

Ditch the pad and put a leather covered pad, or the flat red rubber one that many now put on Parkers and have some fun in the Uplands or on clays....
Thief! ;-{>8 What is the frame size?
One
Thanks, she's a beauty. Have you been to confession yet? ;-{>8
Posted By: kenacp Re: Crazy Find: Parker Bros DHE - 05/27/21
Felony Theft......
Mercy...
Posted By: Hogeye Re: Crazy Find: Parker Bros DHE - 06/05/21
I never thought I could afford a Parker. Guess I just didn't know where to shop,
Nice Shotgun! Congrats, enjoy it!
© 24hourcampfire