Home
Posted By: iskra May I cut in... :) - 08/16/22
Disclosures. Not really a shotgun guy. Over half century picking up some as I liked them or as, frankly to admit, not to go home empty handed. Over those decades, finding some I really admired. Here one of the Stevens 520 genre. A 16 Gauge. Second admission, the 16 would have been my last choice as stubbornly focused primarily on 'guns' easy on ammunition. Locating and cost effective. But the gentle magnet of the 520.

Below my 16 Gauge the only such chambering of my shotguns. More than honorable mention also, to the Ithaca Model 37 genre and the Browning successor. Beyond a hodgepodge of perhaps 8 or so 'others'. Not coming here proudly, but just to set the record straight. I do know what I like and the 520 is high on the list. My ''same' in 20 Ga with integral adjustable choke. Amazingly an integral increase of external barrel diameter to accommodate the choke itself, perhaps designed for 12 Ga.

So on to some gnarly 16 Wards Western Field pix!

Best!
John

Attached picture R158-1U.jpg
Attached picture R158-8U.jpg
Attached picture R158-13.jpg
Attached picture R158-3.jpg
Attached picture R158-9U.jpg
Posted By: luv2safari Re: May I cut in... :) - 08/17/22
Enjoyed the photos and Welcome. wink

I have an affinity for classic firearms, mostly shotguns, and shoot ten different ones in 16gauge, many being combination guns. They run the gamut from a crude single shot to high grade drilling. One favorite is a vintage "corncob" 870.
Posted By: iskra Re: May I cut in... :) - 08/17/22
Hi luv2! Thanks for the words. Good to know someone's out there! smile Just saw the 16 Ga subject and thought to stop by! Seems pretty quiet or maybe tightknit group! My honesty above might not have earned me any stripes here & that I'd understand

Best!
John
Posted By: luv2safari Re: May I cut in... :) - 08/17/22
There are plenty of 16 gauge shooters here.

They're too busy calling each other covtards, commies, Democraps, fa-ggs, idiots, stupid F@@ks, etc, ad nauseam.

I'll be the first to give the Campfire traditional welcome. grin

GFY
Posted By: iskra Re: May I cut in... :) - 08/18/22
Noted! smile
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: May I cut in... :) - 08/18/22
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I'll be the first to give the Campfire traditional welcome. grin

GFY

LMAO !!!! NOW you're official. grin grin grin
Posted By: iskra Re: May I cut in... :) - 08/20/22
Good to be official! Where's my badge?
smile
Posted By: Troutnut Re: May I cut in... :) - 09/02/22
Originally Posted by iskra
Disclosures. Not really a shotgun guy. Over half century picking up some as I liked them or as, frankly to admit, not to go home empty handed. Over those decades, finding some I really admired. Here one of the Stevens 520 genre. A 16 Gauge. Second admission, the 16 would have been my last choice as stubbornly focused primarily on 'guns' easy on ammunition. Locating and cost effective. But the gentle magnet of the 520.

Below my 16 Gauge the only such chambering of my shotguns. More than honorable mention also, to the Ithaca Model 37 genre and the Browning successor. Beyond a hodgepodge of perhaps 8 or so 'others'. Not coming here proudly, but just to set the record straight. I do know what I like and the 520 is high on the list. My ''same' in 20 Ga with integral adjustable choke. Amazingly an integral increase of external barrel diameter to accommodate the choke itself, perhaps designed for 12 Ga.

So on to some gnarly 16 Wards Western Field pix!

Best!
John
Nice old 16. I picked up a Western field 620 off here earlier this year. Its had a recoil pad added as well as screw in chokes but it just made it easier to use. Take down on those is pretty interesting too.
Posted By: Troutnut Re: May I cut in... :) - 09/02/22
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Enjoyed the photos and Welcome. wink

I have an affinity for classic firearms, mostly shotguns, and shoot ten different ones in 16gauge, many being combination guns. They run the gamut from a crude single shot to high grade drilling. One favorite is a vintage "corncob" 870.
One of my favorite 16s also . Ive got one made in 1954 , the original barrel has a poly choke added but also have a modified plain barrel. Old corncob 870s and model 12s are my thing.
© 24hourcampfire