Home
Posted By: WildHare 1680 Wad is Back - 01/11/23
For anyone that likes to load some heavier 16 gauge ammo this is pretty good news.

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/BP1680-Striker-16ga-non-toxic-wad-250_bag/productinfo/222BP1680/

I'm hoping that BPI will get some load data for heavier bismuth and lead loads out soon. I'm sick of seeing bigger payloads for 20 ga 3" than 16 gauge and this is just the ticket. I think more availability of wads keeps the 16 alive in the new millennium. I'm getting some ordered right now and just wanted to share my enthusiasm.
Posted By: johna1 Re: 1680 Wad is Back - 01/11/23
Yeah, I bought a bag of them a little while back when they first came available. Shot some this week using 19 gr of longshot and 1-1/8 oz of #6. Velocity was low and recoil was mild while using old federal hulls, so I'm going to bump them more next time I am able to take them out to do more testing. Ideally, would like to get the velocity between at least 1275-1300 fps but haven't had the chance the work them up yet.

Chronoed at 1148 fps. There is some data on ballisticproducts website using heavier loads. The load data is right there on their page. Just scroll down on the product page until you see:

View loading data here
Posted By: WildHare Re: 1680 Wad is Back - 01/18/23
I can't get your link to work. Don't know if it's a problem on my end or something with the post. frown
Posted By: johna1 Re: 1680 Wad is Back - 01/18/23
If you go to the product page at ballistic product, if you scroll down the page, it has a direct link there where you can download current data that you wanted.
© 24hourcampfire