Home
Posted By: Ky221 New 16gauge. - 02/26/24
A few months back I got the urge for a new OverUnder. I wanted something that could be used for doves, informal skeet and trap, and to just be an overall nice shotgun.

I browsed several makes and models and I eventually stumbled onto the citori gran lightning. It checked all the boxes. I'm a 20ga fan but on a whim I thought I should order it in something with a little more zazz. Decided on a 16ga and couldn't be happier.

Here she is.....
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: win7stw Re: New 16gauge. - 02/26/24
Very nice. What chokes are you running?
Posted By: Grumman Re: New 16gauge. - 02/26/24
That is a beautiful stock.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: New 16gauge. - 02/26/24
7STW- it came with 3 standard Midas Grade browning chokes.....IC, Mod, Full.

I just have the IC and MOD in it at the moment. I shot around of trap doubles with it last Monday...made it to post 3 without a miss. Probably keep it that way.

Grumman- thank ya
Posted By: win7stw Re: New 16gauge. - 02/26/24
I like that the new Midas tubes have the black band. The ones that came with my 16 ga 525 Sporting have the gold bands
Posted By: Bay_Dog Re: New 16gauge. - 02/26/24
Still putting pretty wood on them, but they really messed up the engraving & the gold is gaudy (in my opinion).
Posted By: Ky221 Re: New 16gauge. - 02/26/24
Ummmmmmm...Thanks.......I guess?

I like the engraving pattern and I find the splash of gold a nice touch. Makes for an attractive shotgun in my opinion.
Posted By: DUKFVR Re: New 16gauge. - 02/26/24
Congrats! nice looking weapon! Love my 16 gauges.
Posted By: dale06 Re: New 16gauge. - 02/26/24
I’m a 16 ga shooter as well.
That engraving and gold look great in my view and you hit the jackpot on the wood. I’ve looked at a few Gran Lightnings, and the wood is very hit or miss. The wood on yours is far above what I’ve seen of recent.
Congrats on a great gun!
Posted By: Troutnut Re: New 16gauge. - 02/26/24
Great looking shotgun with great wood .
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: New 16gauge. - 02/27/24
Looks good Gary, I have a White Lightening in 16 they shoot nice..mb
Posted By: johna1 Re: New 16gauge. - 02/27/24
I couldn't help but notice, not only the really nice 16 gauge, but also the username.

If your username has anything to do with the road number, I used to date a girl that lived near the old Shamrock coal tipple in straight creek on the Harlan side.

Your shotgun looks gorgeous.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: New 16gauge. - 02/27/24
Thanks for the kind word fellas.

John- sorry but no. My username comes from the fact that I'm in Kentucky and I love the 221Fb lol.
Posted By: ESellers Re: New 16gauge. - 03/11/24
That gun is beautiful I just picked up a basically brand new gran lighting in 16 ga built in 2018
Posted By: Kurt52 Re: New 16gauge. - 03/11/24
Beautiful shotgun!

I had one made about year 2000 or so. Beautiful gun, but just plain blue-black bluing and very nice walnut. Sold it when moving to BC from CO for nearly 50% more than I paid used for it a decade earlier.
Posted By: MnFn Re: New 16gauge. - 03/31/24
I picked up my 3rd Winchester Model 12 16 gauge yesterday. The other two were traded off years ago. This one is a decent shooter. Really glad to get one back, as it’s my favorite pump.
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: New 16gauge. - 04/01/24
Had one of those GL’s in the past but sold it. Nice gun!

Looked on and off for some years for one of these 16 ga’s. Think there were less than 1k made. And it’s aesthetics are right down my alley. I’d say about perfect for pheasants in my opinion.

Browning Citori Feather Superlight:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: SLDUCK Re: New 16gauge. - 04/01/24
I bought the original citori long tang 16 with 26 inch barrel. I was 30 years old and newly married. 800 bucks had beautiful wood on it. I made payments on it. Went through 3 labs with it. Every nick on stock I remember. The bluing is worn off of it. Don't know how many birds I shot. I just came down with parkinsons I want one more dog.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: New 16gauge. - 04/01/24
Originally Posted by SLDUCK
I bought the original citori long tang 16 with 26 inch barrel. I was 30 years old and newly married. 800 bucks had beautiful wood on it. I made payments on it. Went through 3 labs with it. Every nick on stock I remember. The bluing is worn off of it. Don't know how many birds I shot. I just came down with parkinsons I want one more dog.

I have several 16 gauge guns. Love them each and every one!
I've only possessed ONE brand new 16 gauge. That was a Stevens 67D my parents gave me on my 16th b'day.
I can pick up any of my 16 gauge guns and give you their story!

On your Parkinson's. God bless you my friend. Here's hoping the best for you and yours.
Posted By: SLDUCK Re: New 16gauge. - 04/01/24
Thank you. I bought a merkel 47e 16 for my reticent and then find out parkinsons. Have a parker vhe 16 straight English grip delgreco refurbished a fox a grade and a browning sweet 16 2 barrel set. I came down with neurpothy from the parkinsons meds. Have a hard time working fields wanted to get another labrador. I just retired and now this
Posted By: PennDog Re: New 16gauge. - 04/14/24
That’s a beauty Gary - fantastic wood!

PennDog
Posted By: sharps4590 Re: New 16gauge. - 05/04/24
I have 2 drillings, a Jost & Diehl combination gun and a 1913 Ithaca Flues, all in 16. I own no other shotguns, don't need anpther.
© 24hourcampfire