Home
Posted By: bigbuck77 HSM CAST BULLETS - 07/09/20
I bought 250 HSM swc 240 grain cast bullets for a very reasonable price. My question is has anybody used them and are they good enough to hunt with
Posted By: Earlyagain Re: HSM CAST BULLETS - 07/11/20
I have some I load for 44spl, light 44mags, and 45colt. Ive not used them on game. They're lead. Lead is lead no???

Maybe call HSM and ask them. Some situations may call for specific hardness.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: HSM CAST BULLETS - 07/11/20
They are fairly hard. I would guess 92-6-2 Hardball alloy, with a Brinell that most people call 16. It's a standard "hard" alloy. I've not shot any animals with that specific bullet, but I have shot some with that specific alloy in 44 cal. As long as they fit your gun and don't lead things up, they would be fine for hunting. Cast flat points aren't designed to expand. The size of the meplat on the bullet coupled with its speed determines the size of the wound channel. They will break bones and exit from nearly any angle, even at moderate velocities.
Posted By: bigbuck77 Re: HSM CAST BULLETS - 07/11/20
Thanks fellows, I knew as hard as they say they are they should be alright gona load them up and hope to give full detailed report
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: HSM CAST BULLETS - 07/11/20
Cool, I hope they shoot for you. Looking forward to a report.
Posted By: TX35W Re: HSM CAST BULLETS - 07/12/20
They lead pretty bad at 1150 fps in my M69, but they're very accurate until the leading gets bad.
© 24hourcampfire