Home
Posted By: Kenlguy Case Sizing - 03/14/21
Bring me up to speed about this roll sizing procedure if you will. I understand that it takes out the lump caused by unsupported chambers, but my question is, does the case still have to go through the sizing die?
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Case Sizing - 03/14/21
Case still has to be run thru the sizer, the roll sizing just brings the cartridge base back to factory spec!
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Case Sizing - 03/14/21
So then why can't a carbide sizer bring it back to specs?
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Case Sizing - 03/14/21
Because there is no way the case can be inserted into the die far enough to be sized where it needs to be, due to the case be held in the shell holder!
Posted By: sparkyv Re: Case Sizing - 05/03/21
This:
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Because there is no way the case can be inserted into the die far enough to be sized where it needs to be, due to the case be held in the shell holder!
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Case Sizing - 05/04/21
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

This is true. A Lee Bulge Buster kit does size the entire case and is not expensive.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Case Sizing - 05/04/21
is this just referring to semi auto cases?
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Case Sizing - 05/04/21
Tell me if I’m wrong. Caused by an unsupported chamber. Glocks are famous for bulging cases. Hasbeen
Posted By: 300_savage Re: Case Sizing - 05/04/21
I've got an old die set that's non carbide. Lubing is an inconvenience, but it sizes handgun rounds completely.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Case Sizing - 05/04/21
Originally Posted by 300_savage
I've got an old die set that's non carbide. Lubing is an inconvenience, but it sizes handgun rounds completely.

Not likely....
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Case Sizing - 05/04/21
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Tell me if I’m wrong. Caused by an unsupported chamber. Glocks are famous for bulging cases. Hasbeen

Your correct!
Posted By: 300_savage Re: Case Sizing - 05/05/21
Well, completely enough
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Case Sizing - 05/05/21
Originally Posted by 300_savage
Well, completely enough

Not always...
© 24hourcampfire