Home
Posted By: Mrhp Yugo milsurp 45 ammo - 03/17/21
Just wondering if yugo milsurp 45 ammo from the 60’s is safe to shoot in a modern 1911. It says non corrosive and appears to be in good condition. 230 grainers, nice and clean. Watcha think????
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Yugo milsurp 45 ammo - 03/17/21
Give it a try one can always clean the pistol after.
Posted By: Mrhp Re: Yugo milsurp 45 ammo - 03/17/21
I was hoping somebody here knew for sure. If it IS corrosive,I will not shoot it in my guns. Not worth the trouble to me. Rather safe than sorry.
Posted By: blairvt Re: Yugo milsurp 45 ammo - 03/17/21
Why would the Yugo's make 45 ACP for their military?
Not sure, but I found some. Even has 1911 on the box!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Yugo milsurp 45 ammo - 03/17/21
Why the aversion to cleaning after shooting corrosive ammo (which this undoubtedly isn't)? You clean the gun anyway after shooting, right? It's not like it's going to rust away into a heap of red dust as soon as you fire the last shot - look at the bazillion guns from the corrosive primer era that have survived with pristine bores.

If you don't want to shoot it, send it to me and I'll cheerfully run it through my 1911's. (But only if it's not steel jacketed bullets. I do draw the line there.)
It is brass case. I have heard in the past ammo that said non corrosive and it was. Just making sure I know what I am getting. I do not like surprises.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Yugo milsurp 45 ammo - 03/24/21
Send it to me. I'll shoot the schit out of it for ya.
Posted By: immature Re: Yugo milsurp 45 ammo - 04/09/21
Berdan or boxer primed? Seems most of the real European military ammo of that era was Berdan primed. Yugoslavian 8x57 loaded by Pvi Partizan (nny headstamp) in the 70s was loaded with corrosive Berdan primers. I'm not claiming that the priming system dictates whether it's corrosive or not, but it could be a clue.
© 24hourcampfire