Home
What's your favorite powder in 9mm with 115gr. bullets ? Charge weight ?
I use to use Bullseye but I exhausted my supply and can't replace it. A friend donated an unneeded eight pound jug of Winchester 540 (HS6), so l'm using that for most of my handgun and 2-3/4" steel 12 ga. reloads. For 9mm & 115gr copper plated Rainier,I think I'm using 6 gr. A mild load. These days, one uses what they have. Good luck! -Mark
Auto Pistol
231 meters excellent.
I always liked HS-6 for the 9mm, or Herco, but HS-6 meters better in a Dillon 550. I used 7.3gr. with most of the various HPs you could get those days, Sierra, Hornady XTP, and Speers and Noslers. I was always a fan of Sierras, but the Speers feed a bit better. I also used AA#7, but preferred HS-6, really.

They shoot really good in Browning HPs, CZ-75s and Tanfoglio, a Polish Radom, and probably several others.
Originally Posted by 2500HD
231 meters excellent.

4.4 gr of W231/HP38 sends plated 115's downrange at 1048 fps from a G19. Out of a 5" 1911 that same load exits at 1131 fps. It's an accurate load with any of several plated bullets I use. It doesn't have much recoil, yet it's enough to cycle everything. I've shot that load without incident through two P365's, a G43x, a G48, two 5" 1911's, a G19, a G23 with a 9mm barrel, and a Sig P229. Soon I'll be testing my new P365 XL with it.

When I started loading for the 9mm, I went searching for useful data and found this website: http://www.natoreloading.com/hp38/ . I had some W231/HP38 on hand and decided to try it. I've never found a need to do anything different.

If it matters, I've also done some testing with this load using small rifle primers and it works fine with them, so that's a plus.
I run FMJs with w231. Off the top of my head 4.6-4.8gr but double check that.

Meters great in my 550. Clean enough and seems accurate.
I have been using 4.5 grains of Bullseye with any 115 grain FMJ or plated bullet for my 9mm reloading for decades. It pretty much duplicates the typical factory FMJ loads of the same bullet weight.
Same here for Bullseye, except it's 4.7gr for me on a Dillon XL650. Very consistent.
Now that SR4756 is gone I prefer Silhouette.
CFE-Pistol good , too.
Power Pistol is accurate and burns clean.
True Blue is my favorite powder for 115 gr 9mm loads.

W540.HS6 is one of the best 9mm powders you can get. I also use it in my 38 Super. Hanh on to it it is hard to get. The other best powder for 9mm is Power Pistol.

also had to get.
© 24hourcampfire