Home
Posted By: Henryseale Wet Tumble Cleaning Brass - 06/13/21
I normally wet tumble brass in a Harbor Freight two drum tumbler using SS pins, hot water, and liquid dish detergent. Has anyone used a similar system with Simple Green instead of dish detergent? What were the results and the mixture? Thanks.
I use the Harbor Freight two drum unit with SS pins, hot water, a bit of Dawn and a dash of Lemi Shine. Great results. It is time do do up some .45 ACP brass. While moving my stuff into my new reloading room, I found a box of 500 bullets I had forgotten about.
I've been using a Frankford Arsenal tumbler with hot water, Dawn dish detergent & Lemi-shine for several years now and I'm satisfied with the results. Ditched the SS pins a while back since they were a PITA to get out of bottleneck cases and when lodged crossways in primer pockets were a real pain to remove. I recently purchased some SS grit which is small enough so as to not lodge in primer pockets but haven't had a chance to try it yet. At $30/5# it's on the pricey side, not sure the added shine is worth it.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Wet Tumble Cleaning Brass - 06/14/21
I ditched the pain in the a** pins and now use the one eighth stainless pellets,
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
I ditched the pain in the a** pins and now use the one eighth stainless pellets,

I use the Lyman seperator pans. The Frankford arsenal magnet also helps. Hasbeen
© 24hourcampfire