Home
Posted By: NMScout308 Win brass no primers - 09/20/21
I bought 200 10MM Winchester cases a couple weeks ago. 43.00 per hundred, ouch. Anyway, out of 200 cases, 10 were unusable. The rim thickness was too thick to go into the shell holder. I’ll call Winchester to see if they’ll comp me, that’s almost $5.00 worth of brass. Crazy.
I also picked up 300 180 grain XTPs. No primers or powder were to be found. I called every store along my route from Oregon to northern Montana and no one has seen a primer. Cableas in Kalispell had received 10K primers a couple days before I got there, sold out in two hours. I hope primers especially will start showing up I’m running low. I’ll be switching to magnum pistol primers for the 10 pretty soon.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Win brass no primers - 09/20/21
Originally Posted by NMScout308
I bought 200 10MM Winchester cases a couple weeks ago. 43.00 per hundred, ouch. Anyway, out of 200 cases, 10 were unusable. The rim thickness was too thick to go into the shell holder. I’ll call Winchester to see if they’ll comp me, that’s almost $5.00 worth of brass. Crazy.
I also picked up 300 180 grain XTPs. No primers or powder were to be found. I called every store along my route from Oregon to northern Montana and no one has seen a primer. Cableas in Kalispell had received 10K primers a couple days before I got there, sold out in two hours. I hope primers especially will start showing up I’m running low. I’ll be switching to magnum pistol primers for the 10 pretty soon.

You been hiding under a rock or in jail? Many people here know new winchester brass is garbage and components have been very hard to find for some time now..
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Win brass no primers - 09/20/21
Primers appear to be the most elusive, although starting to see small magnum pistol on shelves for 70.00 a brick.
Posted By: NMScout308 Re: Win brass no primers - 09/21/21
The local Sportsman’s warehouse, had COVID masks on the shelves where powder and primers used to be for a while. I’m seeing a smattering of bullets and did pick up a couple boxes of small pistol magnum primers, $5 per 100. I guess I’ll have to dust the bow off soon.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Win brass no primers - 09/21/21
I have recently purchased 500 10mm and 1500 38 Super direct from Starline. GREAT brass. Give them a holler.

Primers? I have laid in over 7K SPP (Fed Gold match magnum) in the last month for the Super. In the same time I have only been able to get my hands on 700 LPP. Also Fed mag match. But they are applicable in the 10mm with slow powder like Longshot and Power Pistol.

Our LGS has had and I have purchased four pounds Power Pistol, four pounds CFE Pistol, and two pounds Longshot. So components are not completely impossible to find. But the prices are more than double of what I am used to paying.
© 24hourcampfire