Home
Posted By: Billc Lyman 310 - 05/17/22
I keep a couple of the Lyman 310 sets in the Camper. I have loaded a lot of 38spl, and 44spl on those tools over the years. I have taught the grandson how to load on them. He has enjoyed it,and learned a bit. Reloads what he shoots.

Anyone else enjoy these tools.

Seems like they are fading.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Lyman 310 - 05/18/22
I use them on occasion, especially the seating dies for 22 Hornet and 243. They seat bullets with practically zero runout.

I use them in the handles or sometimes in my press with the adapter.
Posted By: KKDD50 Re: Lyman 310 - 05/18/22
That is what I started with and learned how to reload .38 / .357 with. Obviously slow but it works perfectly well unless one needs to full length resize cases. All of the slowness and repeated handling of the rounds really gives one a lot of time to inspect and pay attention to what they are doing.
Posted By: EddieSouthgate Re: Lyman 310 - 05/18/22
I been using them for 56 years. I have a set for everything I load except the SSM and SM Winchester rounds. I started loading with the 310 tool and also the Tru Line Jr press and use them all still. I do have a Lyman All American press and standard dies for most calibers I shoot that I use when loading large lots of ammo at a time.
Posted By: Billc Re: Lyman 310 - 05/20/22
I still use the old tru-line press too. 35 rem, and 30-06 mostly. Keep the brass with the rifle. Works well with the Lyman 55 measure.
© 24hourcampfire