Home
Posted By: Mannlicher Ginex SP primers - 11/09/22
I am loading .38 Specials this morning, and using Ginex SP primers for the first time. Made in Bosnia. I am using once fired Remington Brass. I read that these primers may be hard to seat, so I took extra care to clean and uniform the primer pockets. Still, I am finding these primers a tight fit, and have some with 'dimples' on them. They fired ok though.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Ginex SP primers - 11/09/22
If wadutter/light target loads I wouldn't sweat them. If hotter/+P loads I would chrono them and compare to known quantities.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Ginex SP primers - 11/09/22
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
If wadutter/light target loads I wouldn't sweat them. If hotter/+P loads I would chrono them and compare to known quantities.

A middle of the road charge of Tightgroup with a 140 grain JHP. Not a barn burner, and a load I have used for many years, but with Winchester primers. I tried a couple, the went off fine and felt/sounded like I expected.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Ginex SP primers - 11/09/22
I have a stash of Hirtenberg SP primers (from Germany) I've been eyeing as my CCI's started to dwindle. I'm told they're hotter, but can't prove it. Another fairly good-size stash of old Alcan primers has been getting some "air time" recently too. Funny how the oddball/old stuff is getting pressed back into service now that "they" got us by the balls.
© 24hourcampfire