Home
Posted By: Troutnut Powder coated 357s - 12/22/22
Anyone have a maker they prefer? Just getting into loading for 357s , shooting out of a Smith 19-5 and a 66-2. Not wanting hunting loads Just something to bang steel with in the 140-158 gr range. Missouri bullet co looks pretty good unless others have recommendations.
Posted By: Rugies Re: Powder coated 357s - 12/22/22
Missouri is a great company. Acme is also wonderful and you get your bullets shipped very fast in a nice wood box.
Posted By: Boogan1 Re: Powder coated 357s - 12/23/22
I buy a lot of bullets from Cimarron bullets.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Powder coated 357s - 12/23/22
i like coated bullets , i get mine from a local to me company GLC Bullets
MBC is a great company, lots of others too. SNS is good. I’ve never seen much difference between the top ones. I’d look at price and shipping and go from there. I would recommend coated bullets though.
Posted By: devnull Re: Powder coated 357s - 12/23/22
I like HiTek Missouri bullets. I'm running their 158 HiTek SWCs with HS-6. They are plenty accurate and will also work for hunting needs.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Powder coated 357s - 12/23/22
Ditto on Missouri Bullets
Posted By: Dinny Re: Powder coated 357s - 12/23/22
Hoosier Bullet Company is just down the road from me. I shoot alot of their bullets and I'm very happy with them.

https://hoosierbullets.com

Hi Tek and powdercoat are two different types of coatings. Hi Tek is fine for non-magnum pistol bullets but I reserve powdercoating for rifle bullets, magnum pistol bullets, and non-magnum pistol bullets fired at higher speeds from pistol caliber carbines.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Powder coated 357s - 12/23/22
anyone else think the powder coated bullets have a unique smell when shooting them?
Posted By: Dinny Re: Powder coated 357s - 12/23/22
Originally Posted by ldholton
anyone else think the powder coated bullets have a unique smell when shooting them?

Absolutely. I don't notice it much anymore. I've been shooting them since 2014.
Posted By: Dobegrant Re: Powder coated 357s - 12/26/22
Bayou Bullets is another one, I have shot thousands of their bullets in .357,.41,.44 and .45 with no issues.
Posted By: rifletom Re: Powder coated 357s - 01/03/23
Other than Missouri, try T & B bullets. Plain or coated, free shipping. They work well.
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: Powder coated 357s - 01/03/23
TAG
Posted By: bgcatty Re: Powder coated 357s - 01/07/23
Missouri Bullets and SnS are great companies to deal with and their bullets are very consistent.
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: Powder coated 357s - 01/14/23
My last few orders have been with Brazos Precision. They are unique in that they sell by weight of lead, so all packages are the same price but have odd numbers of bullets.
Posted By: roverboy Re: Powder coated 357s - 01/18/23
I've been loading a bunch of Precision PC bullets in .45 acp, 9mm, and .38 Special but, haven't loaded any at higher velocities in .357 Magnum. I don't know how much leading I'll get when loaded faster. Seem like good bullets though.
© 24hourcampfire