Home
Posted By: FLPanhandle 9mm Stained Brass - 01/25/24
I was given a LOT of 9mm brass that was picked up off of a Law Enforcement shooting range. Some of the case are really stained and tumbling will not remove the stain. These stained cases shoot as well as the shiny ones - they just look bad.Does anyone know a method that will remove the stain from these cases? Thanks in Advance.
Posted By: mag410 Re: 9mm Stained Brass - 01/26/24
Lemi Shine (Citric acid), or white vinegar (acetic acid). If you soak the brass it will turn a dull yellow, and then red if you leave it in too long. Most folks who tumble with stainless steel pins add Lemi Shine to the mix.
Posted By: sidewinder72 Re: 9mm Stained Brass - 01/26/24
Wet tumbling with Dawn and a little bit of lemi=shine will make them look like new.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: 9mm Stained Brass - 01/26/24
+1 on the above, Dawn & Lemi-shine get my brass clean. I put them in my Frankford Arsenal tumbler and set the timer for a couple of hours. Rinse with hot water and put them on a cookie sheet in a 170 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Posted By: FLPanhandle Re: 9mm Stained Brass - 01/26/24
Lime-shine& Dawn - I have then both, but have never used them in the tumbler. I will certainly give it a try, Thank you
Posted By: blindshooter Re: 9mm Stained Brass - 01/26/24
Run a magnet over them.

I've seen some steel cases covered with a copper/brass wash. If thats not the issue, I'd just carry on loading and shooting.

"These stained cases shoot as well as the shiny ones - they just look bad." 9mm is easy enough to come by just throw the ugly ones in the recycle.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: 9mm Stained Brass - 01/26/24
Load them and use them in the field. Don’t worry when they disappear in the grass.
© 24hourcampfire