Home
Posted By: shootem Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/07/20

Last call. Rick says he's not seeing enough support for one. If you want one pm RickBin. Have heard quite a few in the past saying they'd use one regularly if it was here. Now's your chance to talk it up. Rick's the man.
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/07/20
I'd use one if it was here , just started hand gun reloading myself.
Posted By: ELKiller Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/07/20
I think it would be a great addition.

I also have a hard time believing that the forum for 16ga shotguns is in higher demand than handguns... maybe I'm wrong.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/07/20
It's all good. We now have a 16 ga. shotgun reloading forum.
We had a shotshell reloading forum.
But now we have a gauge specific 16ga. reloading forum.

I'm sure that one will be overwhelmed with users.
Handguns? Na, nobody reloads for those.
Posted By: shootem Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/07/20
Tell it to Rick. He turns the crank.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/07/20
Yeah, I think maybe Rick shoots a 16 ga.
Posted By: Bob338 Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/07/20
I'm in! Couldn't find address for Rick. Maybe he'll read this.
Posted By: RJM Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/07/20
Would be nice to share some loads...could never understand why handguns were left out...
Posted By: Henryseale Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/07/20
I have mentioned my interest in this twice now and he seems to think there is no interest in it. However, there is a reloading subsection for 16 ga shotguns.....Go figure. Nothing against 16 ga shotguns, but I think a heck of a lot more people reload .44s, .357s/.38s, 9mms, 45s, .380s, etc, etc, than all shotgun gauges combined.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/07/20
I think it would be a great and useful addition.
Originally Posted by Bob338

Go to the top of any subforum (including this one and open the New Image Gallery thread, Rick's name will be in the upper left hand corner as the OP. Click on his name and then on Private Message in the dropdown.
Been reloading for handguns and rifles for decades.

Never once ever considered reloading a shotgun shell.

PM sent.
Posted By: RJM Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/07/20
My message has been sent...
Posted By: fester Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/07/20
Sent...
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/08/20
I'd be all for a handgun reloading forum.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/08/20
PM sent to Rick
Posted By: shootem Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/08/20
Originally Posted by Bob338

RickBin
Posted By: RickBin Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/08/20
Welcome, gents.

Help a newbie out, will ya?
Posted By: ddixie884 Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 08/26/20
I'm glad we got it............
Posted By: 445guy Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 01/20/21
ok what you need
Glad the forum is here! I am looking for data on vv n105 in 200gr 10mm 1911 style pistols. Looking to get 1200fps with this combo without wrecking anything. The limited info I have read online indicates that the VV data is not very accurate. Anyone have experience/chrono data to share?

Thanks in advance,
David
Posted By: model70man Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 01/25/21
Originally Posted by RickBin
Welcome, gents.

Help a newbie out, will ya?

Hi Rick. I would like to see a handgun reloading forum. I think the time is ripe with the handgun ammo shortage (all other ammo too). For newbies, I would recommend the old Lee Loader as a starter but the price for them on eBay is now ridiculous. Thanks!
Posted By: 445guy Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 01/28/21
Originally Posted by CasualShooter
Glad the forum is here! I am looking for data on vv n105 in 200gr 10mm 1911 style pistols. Looking to get 1200fps with this combo without wrecking anything. The limited info I have read online indicates that the VV data is not very accurate. Anyone have experience/chrono data to share?

Thanks in advance,
David
Hi I tried to reload 10mm in the mid may be late 90s in a ruger nm blackhawk 38 40 10mm conv.,.,dont rmember what fps I was trying for..,But never got close to what fac. claimed.,.,.thouht it might be the cyl. gap so got a 14" tc barrel..still was slow,., running ball powder that was part of the problem..tried a couple of flake powders still not up to factory claim,.., what helped me on the 45 winmag (same auto setup headspace on case mouth) was the lee factory crimp die that got me to within 100fps of the 44 mag which they claimed it would run the same.,.I think Ihad to make a sleeve up to make it work on a longer round I also looked at a roll crimp tool that rolled a crimp in the case and bullet .,.,dont remember name .,.,.I think what ever you can do to get the most bullet pull will be a good thing
Anyone have favorite 200gr 10mm auto loads that actually do 1200fps? if so, would you care to share?
Thanks,
David
Posted By: Idaho1945 Re: Handgun Reloading Forum - 02/16/21
Of course we need a handgun reloading forum. What primer is he hardest one to get right now by far. Small pistol primers. Not rifle primers, pistil primers, probably by 10-1. Thanks for doing this Rick.

Dick
445guy thanks for your response. I will try varied crimps to see if I can get better ignition. Really don't have options on primers...only winchester.
© 24hourcampfire