Home
Posted By: shaman Berry's Hybrid - 02/10/20
https://www.berrysmfg.com/product/bp-9mm-356-124gr-hhp

Anybody using Berry's Hybrid Hollow Points? I bought a bunch of them to try out in my 9mm's, figuring they's be great as practice rounds for my EDC.
Posted By: Etoh Re: Berry's Hybrid - 02/10/20
Originally Posted by shaman
https://www.berrysmfg.com/product/bp-9mm-356-124gr-hhp

Anybody using Berry's Hybrid Hollow Points? I bought a bunch of them to try out in my 9mm's, figuring they's be great as practice rounds for my EDC.

Yes tons of them ---- literally. All their bullets. Hybrid etc work great. watch crimping however, they cant take as much as thicker jacket. they also recommend max. velocity around 1200 fps in 9mm.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Berry's Hybrid - 02/10/20
I've shot them in my Marlin Camp 9 and S&W EZ 9 and they were accurate.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Berry's Hybrid - 02/10/20
Most of my handgun reloading of practice ammo has been with plated bullets and most of them have been Berrys.
Very good bullets for a good price. I just use the round nose variety; I don't see any benefit in using plated hollow points for practice.
Just use the same weight bullet as your carry load and adjust your powder charge to get closest to the same point of impact. Velocity isn't that important for close range practice loads.
Posted By: shaman Re: Berry's Hybrid - 02/12/20
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I don't see any benefit in using plated hollow points for practice.

That's a good question. Honestly, I don't know that there is. All I know is I got them on sale and decided to give them a try.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Berry's Hybrid - 02/20/20
I like the Berry's now that Rainier is out. I just like to use the flat point ball type of bullets. 45 acp, 45 Super, 45 LC, and 9mm. All will be good but buying 1,000 per box is MO better. Rustzipper in Misery.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Berry's Hybrid - 02/23/20
I'm looking at the Berry's for my 50 AE as well as all the others. They are a good price by the 1000 and loads are already worked up. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Berry's Hybrid - 02/25/20
I have used them in 9MM plinking loads, HP and RN. Got a pile of Extreme plated to go through now and can't tell much if any difference between any of the plated bullets.
Good luck
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Berry's Hybrid - 02/29/20
I’ve worked with the 185 gr, 45 Hybrid HP and Bullseye for a couple of 45 ACP Colt Commanders for up to about 925 fps. I’ve been very pleased with their accuracy with controllable recoil. Haven’t done any expansion tests but I’ve read good reports.
© 24hourcampfire