Home
Posted By: Waders CFE Pistol for .45 ACP 230 FMJ - 03/29/20
Anybody using CFE PIstol for the .45 ACP? Hodgdon says you can get 934 fps with a max charge pushing a 230gr FMJ, and 942 fps for a 230 cast lead bullet.

What's been your experience? Also, how clean burning is it? If you're shooting lead, any leading?

Thanks!
I've used it. I like it and it's pretty clean and meters well. I can't say about leading.
Thanks--much appreciated.
I've used CFE Pistol with 200 and 230s in the 45 acp .I use 6.2 gr with 230 grn fmj. Never got around to see what they did across the chronogragh, but it shot as well as a tried and true HP38 load did. I use CFE in the 9mm too.
My little reloading shop has some CFE pistol on the shelves. I think I’m going to get some today to try. I have been using titegroup
CFE Pistol an option for 45 ACP & 9 mm while loading data and bullet weights ideal for target work chose Power Pistol for 45 ACP & 9 MM as one powder for both calibers that generates moderate velocities for target work and able to increase velocity for defensive loads where CFE Pistol is some what limited as max loads.
© 24hourcampfire