Home
Land
Rental units
Storage units
Stock market
Defense/military
Primers grin
I'd guess the answers might vary by state.

No rental units for me - tenants have way too many rights, and the chances of getting stuck with non-paying renters is too risky.

Storage units - that sector is almost built out and overcapacity here. I kick myself in the ass for not putting up some storage units 5 years ago. Mailbox money, baby!

Stock market - I'm pulling back and getting more conservative, since I'm getting close to full retirement age.

That leaves land. Under the right circumstances, I'd throw some money there. (Actually just did not too long ago.)
Wine, women and song.
lead
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Land
Rental units
Storage units
Stock market

Via The Stock Markets you can invest in the various forms of Real Estate.

The stock markets are beginning to look a little more optimistic with inflation indicators beginning to turn down with the exception of eggs.

All depends on the FED and what further actions they take including no action for a while which would be good for the markets.

Jmo
https://thefinancialdiaries.com/products-in-demand-during-a-recession/

According the the article:

Exercise Equipment
Consumer Staples
Coffee and Tea
Tupperware
Cosmetics
Movies, TV and Video Games
Baby Products
Kitchenware
Pet Care
Candy
Auto Parts

Based on that people stay home, cook at home, have kids and pets, and fix their own cars.
Me?, Iowa farmland, it's what I know.
I got layin hens and a incubator that end is covered

You should post that on Sam O's thread "How much do you Make".

Damn rich guys, showing off.

LOL
Spirits! - burp.
Posted By: LBP Re: What would you invest in today - 01/26/23
Ammo
Spam
Toilet paper
Silver
Originally Posted by Tide_Change

You should post that on Sam O's thread "How much do you Make".

Damn rich guys, showing off.

LOL
Barter is a big word
Pussy
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Spirits! - burp.

Oh hell, you did it now. You ever disagree with anyone less than decent on the Fire you will pay for that remark.

Ask me and Col Travis how we know. wink
Land
Meth lab.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Wine, women and song.

just what i was think about !!!!
Spirits! - burp.

Bad times? People drink.
Good times? People drink.

Win-win
Much of our country and what passes for investments are nothing but debt piled upon debt.

We have a massive derivative bubble that will burst sooner rather than later. TPTB are very busy convincing people everything is ok. A con game requires confidence. They will print until they cannot print any longer, then create a crisis that makes the masses beg for CBDC. It will all be blamed on the bad Putin.

My excess money is in land, lead, powder, primers, Gold, Silver, food, tools.

Like much of the eastern world, I am actively de-dollarizing.

I will keep enough cash to survive on. What I can thrive on will be out of the dollar as best I can.

At 65, I am not worried about hitting any home runs with risky stuff.
Land......

Shoulda coulda 10 yrs ago.......

Do have a mere 23 acres

Currently investing in brass & lead.....

Live ammo is worth much more than stored components

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

What does Gordon Liddy recommend?
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Primers grin
No freakin doubt !
Reloading components have been few & far between in this area.
I broke down and bought a 4 pound keg of H4350 last year. It’ll do for most of my rifles.
With the other stuff I’ve gotten to hoarding, I’d say I’m fairly well armed, at least by ‘Campfire standards, but I haven’t found Rifle primers, large or small for about 7 months!
I’m not lacking, but I’m a little paranoid about burning up what I have, with little chance of replacing.
These days, with the government sorta waging an undeclared war on American Patriots, I think we should all be a little paranoid!
7mm
Posted By: WMR Re: What would you invest in today - 01/26/23
What would I invest in? I'm actively investing in memories while I'm still young enough to make them. They will help sustain me in my later years. My house is paid off and retirement is mostly funded. I'd upgrade to another home if it came with hunting land. These strategies might not be appropriate for the next person. Everyone's situation is a bit different.
Primers grin

That's not funny.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Primers grin

That's not funny.

Just noticed today.....after loading 500 9 mms

My Rem 7.5 stash is down to 18K....

Been running 7.5's in my 9mm striker fired to save my Win SP primers
Chip manufacturers.
People...

I invest in the good men and women of my Community...

The dividends of good will, honor and fair exchange far exceed "investments"

-----------------

As for monetary investments... I really have no idea...

HARD COMMODITIES... PHYSICALITY HELD... if you have a particular expertise.
About a year ago I started believing all the doom and gloom.

Super inflation is coming, money will be worth nothing, etc...

So in a mild panic I spent 2/3 of our savings on down payment on a 4 bedroom house down the street. It is NOT a money maker but it's helping my sister in law/kids out and I feel better sticking the cash into that house versus the stock market. Land is really hard to come by around here otherwise I would have liked to went that route.

And we got in at 5.25% so not a terrible deal even if we overpaid by maybe 10%.

Also spent a chitload on shooting/defense related products so good there!
Balance of stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
Real estate, but not rentals.
Real estate,..in any form. The stock market is manipulated, precious metals are manipulated.

Real estate is difficult to manipulate. Its value is plainly evident to too many people.
Licker, ammo, funeral homes. I don’t have a real bright and sunny outlook for the future.
Dirt.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Licker, ammo, funeral homes. I don’t have a real bright and sunny outlook for the future.

LOL... Not bad actually...

As for RE...

Not for me anymore... Sold everything but three.

I think RE has some troubles coming... "depending on location" of course.
Real estate?

Better be considering that corresponding property tax burden. That's about to become the next big thing.
Bet on it.
Commodities...things to eat
Bump Stocks. Sig Braces and Binary triggers. The Kennedy's didn't get rich off of Water and milk.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The stock market is manipulated, precious metals are manipulated.

Mostly via those derivatives I mentioned earlier.

There are roughly 200 ounces of "paper gold" traded back and forth for every ounce of real gold delivered on the exchanges.
Hookers and blow
Originally Posted by Tarbe

There are roughly 200 ounces of "paper gold" traded back and forth for every ounce of real gold delivered on the exchanges.

Paper gold that has no gold to back it up.
BITCOIN!!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF BITCOIN!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahhah......
RIOT
CGC
Fidelity® Contrafund® Fund Class K

Heavily....
Originally Posted by hanco
Pussy

Depreciating asset!
Pussy

That stinks. smile
I’d have to say ammo
Originally Posted by Dess
Pussy

That stinks. smile

🤣🤣🤣
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Defense/military
Throw in Chevron and Microsoft. The dividend for Chevron went up again. Maybe even Walmart as those with no jobs are going to be slumming at Wally World.

kwg
I would invest in campers and dolphins.

For all intents and porpoises.
Originally Posted by WTM45
Real estate?

Better be considering that corresponding property tax burden. That's about to become the next big thing.
Bet on it.

200% agree...
Originally Posted by Tarbe

Paper gold that has no gold to back it up.

People who sell gold as an investment are using this idea and have been for practically forever to sell it to people who don't understand how futures/derivatives markets work. There are always going to be more paper contracts vs actual physical commodity whether it be gold, wheat, cattle, etc. Its how the system is supposed to work.

I just did a search on "not enough gold to back paper markets" and got pages of hits. This is "common knowledge", so that in and of itself disqualifies it as some kind of trading edge. The old saying of what "everyone" knows being worthless comes to mind.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Real estate?

Bet on it.

200% agree...
We bought raw land 25 years back that we couldn't really afford but made the necessary changes in our lifestyle to make it work.

Received our 'new & improved' tax valuation for our place in Virginia last month for 2023.
Simultaneously sold 1/5 of the acreage at 600% profit after 25 years of owning, hunting and playing on it.
That will keep the tax bill at 2022 levels.
The developer will be building at or near $1M homes on what he purchased from us and the adjoining property he already owned[some of which we sold him 15 years back @ 400% profit].

So now we are sitting on 60 acres yet that will adjoin those homes/lots.
Same as always, myself.
I would invest in campers and dolphins.

For all intents and porpoises.
I saw what you did there ^^^^

kwg
Pfizer
Originally Posted by Raeford
Real estate?

Bet on it.

200% agree...
We bought raw land 25 years back that we couldn't really afford but made the necessary changes in our lifestyle to make it work.

Received our 'new & improved' tax valuation for our place in Virginia last month for 2023.
Simultaneously sold 1/5 of the acreage at 600% profit after 25 years of owning, hunting and playing on it.
The developer will be building at or near $1M homes on what he purchased from us and the adjoining property he already owned[some of which we sold him 15 years back @ 400% profit].

Blacksburg/Christiansburg ain't no sleep little town no more...

I hunted the Teal farms in Riner for a few years... LOL

Not no more.
American Dirt
Ski passes, mountain bikes, canoes, bird dogs, and fuel to get there.
Making 4% in the checking account sounds pretty good until the Fed gets out of the way so markets can actually work.
Posted By: EdM Re: What would you invest in today - 01/27/23
Originally Posted by dale06
Balance of stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
Real estate, but not rentals.

This.
Real estate?

Bet on it.

200% agree...

Might be time to sell it ALL now if the market is bearing such ROI.
In my experience, more property line neighbors mean more hunters. Uninvited and unwanted.
Headache.
Real estate?

Bet on it.

200% agree...

Blacksburg/Christiansburg ain't no sleep little town no more...

I hunted the Teal farms in Riner for a few years... LOL

Not no more.
My Granddad retired from Va Tech. He remembered 1000's of acres of mountain land East of Blacksburg going toward Roanoke being sold for taxes on the courthouse
steps. Of course he didn't have any money.
Real estate?

Bet on it.

200% agree...

Might be time to sell it ALL now if the market is bearing such ROI.
In my experience, more property line neighbors mean more hunters. Uninvited and unwanted.
Headache.

Plan is to sell down to around 10+/- acres over the next 5-10 years.
Keep the view-shed clear and eventually turn that house into an overnite rental.
We both have elderly parents with health issues keeping us here currently.
With the next sale we plan on purchasing a second home in Tenn which would become our 'base'.
Solid plan, R! Those thinking about getting into real estate investment should take heed. A clearly defined event horizon has to be a big part of the planning. It's not just throw down a check at closing time right now.
Originally Posted by 6mmCreedmoor
RIOT
CGC

Heavily....

I bought RIOT, COIN, 2 months ago when it tanked

I think energy will do good this year with inflation and Biden has to refill the spr eventually. 85, 90, 100?

added to TTE, NINE, BIR:CA, xom, cvx

I'm looking at more real estate if market tanks
Food
Ammo
Real Estate, something very tangible. especially farm and ranch land.
If things would actually go the way they should then scaffold lumber and rope.
Originally Posted by ribka
RIOT
CGC

Heavily....
I think energy will do good this year with inflation and Biden has to refill the spr eventually. 85, 90, 100?

I added some 'utilities funds' to the mix over the past month.

Bought in to ET last summer after reading about it here.
Posted By: OGB Re: What would you invest in today - 01/27/23
I hear human trafficking turns a buck.

Might get in on that.
Originally Posted by ribka
RIOT
CGC

Heavily....

Market Summary
>
Canopy Growth Corp
2.92 USD
+0.16 (5.98%)today

Bought 100k shares of Fidelity® Contrafund® Fund Class K at 11.95

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CGC/
Toilette paper and whiskey. Right now Lockheed stock would be a good bet.
Keeping some money in CD's is sounding a lot better at 4-5% APR.
Might want to wait until this week is over and done with.
Slump usually follows lackluster earnings reports.
And the FED is talking more basis points to the rate.

Creative accounting should be considered an artform.
Originally Posted by centershot
Keeping some money in CD's is sounding a lot better at 4-5% APR.

It isn't money. It is currency. A derivative of money.

Except our currency (the Dollar) is a derivative of a derivative. No real money to be seen for the vast, vast majority of Dollars. In other words, we have dishonest currency. Been that way a long time...and fully realized in 1971.

If you are comfortable with that, go for it! Just try not to be 100% in derivatives of derivatives of derivatives. smile
Stocks is the only answer currently with the fiscal crisis we are in now... And they are not really that attractive. I'm just buying a chunk of something that I wouldn't mind holding for years, and if it goes up a few points in a month, I sell it and wait for another one... Land has gone up so much that I cannot justify buying anymore - I have sold all mine in the last 2 years for obscene prices. When the music stops, you better have your hand on a chair...
Financial whizkids...how 'bout fire resistant chicken/egg production plants? Or just fire resistant food processing plants in general. Seems like these places are tinder boxes waiting to blow up. Who knew? Or how about Nomex butcher aprons? Meanwhile the fbi is checking into the price of Taylor Swift tickets.
Land, oil, lithium
Rope Futures !
Sometimes sitting on the sidelines and waiting is the smart thing to do... I would say this is one of those times, things are happening fast, so the wait shouldn't be long
TMC stock, hold 2-3 years.
Originally Posted by irfubar
Sometimes sitting on the sidelines and waiting is the smart thing to do... I would say this is one of those times, things are happening fast, so the wait shouldn't be long
I’m still using my cheap fly rods btw havnt pulled out the good ones yet
A 1970 Hemi Cuda, Superbird

Made $23 on savings account interest.

Lost 10-15% on my tiny and ancient 401k account.
I’m still using my cheap fly rods btw havnt pulled out the good ones yet

So your good fly rod investment is providing zero returns? why?
Good mix of stocks and bonds, been through this a number of times in the past 60 years, always came out better when things settled down.
I have fun buying some silver and gold. Just a nice sound of the coins clanking in your hands, they all look good too.
RIOT
CGC

Heavily....

👍🏻. I’ve 1500 shares of contra; among others. It’s already been on a nice upswing the last few weeks! If you are gonna jump in, better do it quickly.
$$$
Originally Posted by Redneck
BITCOIN!!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF BITCOIN!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahhah......
iam thinking the same thing
tiddies 'n beer
Anything Military.
Most recent move was a CD at 3.8 short term. Best thing I am holding Transocean Drilling. Up over 400 % since I bought it. If Interest rates would rise a bit I would probably move most to fixed.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Most recent move was a CD at 3.8 short term. Best thing I am holding Transocean Drilling. Up over 400 % since I bought it. If Interest rates would rise a bit I would probably move most to fixed.

You can get 4.17% in a fidelity account . The ticker is SPRXX. Take it out any time. It will likely go to 4.5% after Mr. Powell speaks tomorrow. Now days I would just go with the 4.5% after tomorrow. Before Powell starts cutting next year I will put money in Corporate bonds, but not too much. Bonds might do very well after that. I will be happy with 5 or 6% yield with a little price rise and low volatility . If prices go down, I want to buy a boat ( starcraft Freedom 180T) and maybe some land in Upper Michigan.
Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

You can get 4.17% in a fidelity account . The ticker is SPRXX. Take it out any time. It will likely go to 4.5% after Mr. Powell speaks tomorrow.

Just fwiw, I just recently got several FDIC insured CD’s at 4.6% via my Fidelity account.

I think you’re right about the FED tomorrow.
I hope so. I’m trying to buy a beach house, so hope that scheit crashes and all the “remote working” liberal programmers have to fire sale and move back to the city to work.
Google, Amazon, and Union Pacific.

And each parent can give each adult kid $17k each year without gift tax.
Originally Posted by Clarkm

That’s fortunate for most of the dead beat loser middle aged white people.

Unless your net worth is over 11 million dollars, there is no gift tax on any amount at this point

You have been giving investment advice here for years... yet by your own admission you are a brokedick?
I bought a fair bit of Tesla at $113 last month...

It is $173 now.

53% return in a month is a fairly decent return I guess.
Put everything you have in the raccoon market it’s a winner for sure
Posted By: WMR Re: What would you invest in today - 02/01/23
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Unless your net worth is over 11 million dollars, there is no gift tax on any amount at this point

Are you sure about this? Are you talking an inheritance or just a gift?
Originally Posted by WMR

Positive. Gift.

Do it ASAP as the Biteme administration will be changing the rules to butfugg the people soon
Originally Posted by WMR

Positive. Gift.

Do it ASAP as the Biteme administration will be changing the rules to butfugg the people soon

According to the IRS it’s $17,000 for 2023 to as many people as you want and same for your wife if filing jointly meaning you can give $34,000 to the same person, for example.

I’d like to know more about what you’re talking about and if there is an approved way to give unlimited without tax implications.
Bacon & Eggs + Ribeye steak!!
Rent a chicken..
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
TMC stock, hold 2-3 years.

Up 15% since I posted that. Just saying.
I bought a fair bit of Tesla at $113 last month...

I didn't get back in the low but I got back in before their earnings last week.

Options on them are still pretty bullish but I have a bad feeling the rest of this year is going to be tough for everyone, TSLA included.
I’m a firm believer in you can’t time the market. But a correction is coming. Bank it.
saying that a correction is coming is like saying California is going to be hit by a earthquake. Sure as sun rise, BUT when?
Dirt. Rio7
Originally Posted by TRnCO
saying that a correction is coming is like saying California is going to be hit by a earthquake. Sure as sun rise, BUT when?
True
But if you follow fundamentals, we are wasaaay overdue
Originally Posted by JeffP
I’m a firm believer in you can’t time the market. But a correction is coming. Bank it.

I agree, this is a bull trap in a bear market that isn't finished yet.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

I agree, this is a bull trap in a bear market that isn't finished yet.

Until 1994. I lost so often while trading stock, I thought doing the opposite of what ever I was doing would get an investor rich.

I was holding stocks for an average of 5 months.

Then I switched to holding MSFT for 5 years, I started making money instead of losing money.

I have been in a major position in GOOG since 2004 and a major position in AMZN since 2012.

Over 10 years AMZN has beat GOOG, AAPL, META, and MSFT....but getting nowhere over the last 3 years.

I know day traders and future traders... that seems like racetrack betting to me.

This is never not true, a meaningless prediction (correction coming). But “yes” nobody can time the market.

But to the OP if you have time on your side continually purchase (dollar cost average) VTSAX and you’ll do just fine over the long haul. And mix in based on your risk tolerance some element of a bond fund and perhaps some real estate.
Originally Posted by cfran
This is never not true, a meaningless prediction (correction coming). But “yes” nobody can time the market.

Almost no one makes predictions like that time bound, and those who do are almost always wrong.

Michael Burry had/has a big following because he made a great prediction and a lot of money in the 2008 market. He has more or less been publicly predicting a crash since then, and while there hasn't been one of that scale his fund did have some pretty excellent returns last year by just being bearish, not crashish.

I think a lot of the crash stuff is just people trying to one up the next guy. Clickbait type stuff.
Where you getting 4% ina checking account?
I've said this for two years now: go long on the funerary industry.
Again, oil. Noted on yesterday's news there were record profits last year. Anyone wonder why/how?
Anyone watching the Fed?

markets trending down..... now recovering a bit. lol
Always have been in oil and always will be. It's in my family. We have done well. Get it well. LOL
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by cfran

Almost no one makes predictions like that time bound, and those who do are almost always wrong.

Michael Burry had/has a big following because he made a great prediction and a lot of money in the 2008 market. He has more or less been publicly predicting a crash since then, and while there hasn't been one of that scale his fund did have some pretty excellent returns last year by just being bearish, not crashish.

I think a lot of the crash stuff is just people trying to one up the next guy. Clickbait type stuff.

A lot of people predict 10 of the last 3 of them, so they're always right some of the time. Nobody really knows for sure. For every market transaction there is someone on the other side going the other way on it.
Not a bad month....

Riot Platforms Inc
6.86 USD
+3.49 (103.56%)past month

Canopy Growth Corp
3.08 USD
+0.77 (33.33%)past month

13.01 USD
+0.92 (7.61%)past month
this earlier

Starline 10 mm brass

$117 for 500 shipped
Riot Platforms Inc
6.86 USD

Thanks Jim Cramer!
Riot Platforms Inc

7.28 USD
+0.42 (6.20%)today

Doubled my $$ in a month. Time to sell.
Riot Platforms Inc

7.28 USD
+0.42 (6.20%)today

When asked how he amassed so much wealth Baron Rothschild replied, “I always sold too soon “.
Damn, sold my Costco & Amazon too soon.
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Riot Platforms Inc

7.28 USD
+0.42 (6.20%)today

When asked how he amassed so much wealth Baron Rothschild replied, “I always sold too soon “.

Always comes down to greed or greedier......

100k shares and made over $3. Not a bad 30 day haul.
Riot Platforms Inc

7.28 USD
+0.42 (6.20%)today

It’s Not always about greed although many claim that the markets are driven solely by fear and greed.

Rothschild also said that, “Many have lost everything trying to get that extra 1% while few have gone broke accepting 1% less”.
Riot Platforms Inc

7.28 USD
+0.42 (6.20%)today

It’s Not always about greed although many claim that the markets are driven solely by fear and greed.

Rothschild also said that, “Many have lost everything trying to get that extra 1% while few have gone broke accepting 1% less”.

The Joos know....
The Joos know....

And lie.

You can be confident that if a Rothschild says something a Gentile can hear, it is a lie.
Riot Platforms Inc

7.28 USD
+0.42 (6.20%)today

The Joos know....

Yep.

ETA:

You’ve done a 3 bagger with RIOT.
Well done!
*Primers*
Riot Platforms Inc

7.28 USD
+0.42 (6.20%)today

The Joos know....

Yep.

ETA:

You’ve done a 3 bagger with RIOT.
Well done!

Thanks. Buddy of mine just texted me that he sold out also. He's happy too!
Fidelity® Contrafund® Fund Class K should do well today.

Nasdaq Composite
INDEXNASDAQ: .IXIC

+351.17 (2.97%)today
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Riot Platforms Inc
6.86 USD

Thanks Jim Cramer!

Based on the bragging going on, my 24 hour Campfire bottom ticking marketeers certainly don't need that clown's input! laugh
Originally Posted by WMR

Positive. Gift.

According to the IRS it’s $17,000 for 2023 to as many people as you want and same for your wife if filing jointly meaning you can give $34,000 to the same person, for example.

I’d like to know more about what you’re talking about and if there is an approved way to give unlimited without tax implications.

Check with your CPA or attorney

Unless your net worth exceeds 11 million, there is no gift tax to the giver and no tax to the receiver. A basis is established for property value at the time of giving so that any capital gains can be calculated if the property is sold.

I would think that applies if you’re gifting cash as well

That’s the way it was in 2022 at least. I know first hand
There is an annual exclusion, and a lifetime exemption. Reporting of the lifetime exemption is done on a 709.
Two different things, somewhat linked, as exceeding the annual exclusion requires reporting an update to the 709. It follows for a lifetime.
Originally Posted by WMR

Positive. Gift.

Check with your CPA or attorney

Unless your net worth exceeds 11 million, there is no gift tax to the giver and no tax to the receiver. A basis is established for property value at the time of giving so that any capital gains can be calculated if the property is sold.

I would think that applies if you’re gifting cash as well

That’s the way it was in 2022 at least. I know first hand

Many thanks and I’ll run the traps on that with my CPA pretty soon.

There surely have been anomalies and variations from stated regulations in the past like Baby Bush’s exemptions on Long Term Capital Gains back in 2008. That may still be in effect, not sure.

Then there was Trump’s move on RMD’s a few years ago during the Covid pandemic that allowed folks to not take their RMD without penalty or if they did take it, they were allowed to put the total amount back into their retirement accounts before a certain date, again without penalty.

Thanks again for your reply.
Fidelity Contrafund
FCNKX:NASDAQ

Quote | Exchange | USD
Last | 02/02/23 EST
quote price arrow up+0.31 (+2.36%)
I'm investing in my kids - their houses. Cut out the mortgage guys. They pay me back monthly. If we don't need it in the meantime, it's their forced savings account when we croak. Wish I had bought Exxon/Mobil when Blackrock was driving them out of the oil business. That paid off splendidly for someone I know. You can bet on Reality long term and the dollar going down. That's all I know, with no idea how to exploit it. Real Estate is a cash cow - in the Tax Collector's barn. At least it's tangible in limited supply.
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
I'm investing in my kids - their houses. Cut out the mortgage guys. They pay me back monthly. If we don't need it in the meantime, it's their forced savings account when we croak. Wish I had bought Exxon/Mobil when Blackrock was driving them out of the oil business. That paid off splendidly for someone I know. You can bet on Reality long term and the dollar going down. That's all I know, with no idea how to exploit it. Real Estate is a cash cow - in the Tax Collector's barn. At least it's tangible in limited supply.
Same here, if you have a piece of land You can always take a piss or plant a potato on it.
I bought Advanced Auto Parts today , does that count ? Only $3,000 though.
Posted By: WMR Re: What would you invest in today - 02/03/23
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad

I’ve never not done well on a real estate purchase. Some luck, I’m sure, that I’ve not bought at the peaks. I’d never want my kids owing me money. Seems like it would change the dynamic. I’d always want the kids to be free to tell me off. Not saying wouldn’t work for others, though.
© 24hourcampfire