Home
Posted By: DryPowder Any Peter Lynch Fans - 03/28/23
Is there any Peter Lynch fans on the fire?
Posted By: tdbob Re: Any Peter Lynch Fans - 03/28/23
I haven't heard his name in a while. He was a monster when he managed Magellan. A very influential investor. Besides using his GARP (growth at a reasonable price) idea, I also like his rotating stocks but I've modified it to a form of monkey grasping selling a stock to buy 2 or more stocks.
Posted By: DryPowder Re: Any Peter Lynch Fans - 03/28/23
I like his ideas on investing in what you know IE keeping your eyes open in industries that your involved in.
Posted By: tdbob Re: Any Peter Lynch Fans - 03/28/23
The longer you're in the game, the more you know.
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Any Peter Lynch Fans - 04/09/23
Haven't heard his name in a long time. If I remember correctly, he once talked about how common people can pick stocks as well as experts. Seems like he said as an example about how he came home one day to find his wife and daughter talking about the new legs panty hose packed in a plastic egg or something. He went the office the next day, checked it out, bought x zillion shares, and made a bundle...
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Any Peter Lynch Fans - 05/22/23
In 1980 Lynch was beating the market.
In 1980 my wife worked at Fluke, that had a 15:1 P/E ratio... one the highest in the newspaper. The average was ~ 10.
That company was growing at 50%/ year.

But Lynch was buying under priced low P/E companies with lots of investigating before investing.

My father bought $6k of MSFT back then that turned into millions. He did not know what software was. He kept asking my wife how his calculator worked. But her words had no meaning to him. He had been designing guns and vehicles with a slide rule.

My wife hated MSFT software and was keeping me out of investing in it. In 1994 I got $10k away from her and bought MSFT.

That is not what Lynch would have done.
© 24hourcampfire