Home
Anyone with any history or experience investing in this?
CFP is suggesting we put a % of our $$ in.
Seems to be one of the few that beats the S&P500

Used to be the standard and poor’s portofolio, and based on the Warren Buffett’s school of investing.
I'm no expert, and I do not know about CFRA or that fund. Is your CFP acting as a fiduciary in recommending this or just as an advisor who gets something out of selling this?

Is your advisor saying that CFRA invests like Buffett but is smarter and does better than him? Aside from BRK’s positions in various equities such as KO ($700 Million annual dividend to BRK), AAPL, BAC and AMX, BRK's portfolio of wholly-owned companies (GEICO, BNSF, Duracell, Johns Manville etc.) makes owning BRK like owning a private equity fund without paying management fees. It also has about $160 Billion in cash sitting on the sidelines (but still collecting 5% in short-term treasuries) waiting to pounce whenever it smells blood in the water, or to buy back its own shares (and increase shareholders’ stake in the company) whenever it believes the shares are undervalued by the open market. It’s pretty good ballast for a portfolio even when it doesn’t outperform the S&P 500 (although it has long term), and you can buy and sell it yourself very easily. Why reinvent the wheel?

As far as market beating performance is concerned, that usually comes with higher volatility, which is fine if it fits into your risk tolerance profile, timeline and portfolio allocation.
The CFRA 's I looked at all had ESG funds . I don't care for ESG funds.
© 24hourcampfire