Home
Posted By: 79inpa Maui - 03/03/21
I am headed to Maui for about a week. I don’t intend to do much boat fishing however I would fish from shore if I could find a good place to do it.

Having never been to the island I plan to do some hiking and perhaps watch people surf. Are there any other cool things that I can do there on the sort of cheaper end?

Anyone here ever live on the island?
Posted By: yobuck Re: Maui - 03/03/21
You could rent a car and tour around the high country.
If you like roads with lots of curves you could also visit Hanna.
Posted By: 79inpa Re: Maui - 03/04/21
Thanks guys
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Maui - 03/04/21
Yep road to Hanna is paved but treacherous...
Posted By: yobuck Re: Maui - 03/04/21
Originally Posted by GRIZZ

It was paved when i traveled on it in the late 80s.
Quite a few famous people who like solitude live there.
Charles Lindbergh for example chose to live there.
Posted By: Judman Re: Maui - 03/04/21
Originally Posted by GRIZZ

Definitely worth it, make sure to take a whole day and make the complete loop, lots to check out, but boy it’s a crooked sumbitch!! 😂😂
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Maui - 03/04/21
When we where there in Oct 2017 there were several delays going up the road to Hana repairs being done cause portions of the road tend to constantly fall several hundred feet slipping into the Pacific. Roll of the dice with that sucker worth it though the Black Sand Beaches at Hana was the most beautiful place I've ever laid eyes on. It doesn't even look real.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Maui - 03/04/21
Road to Hana don't be the lead car! follow someone and watch for brake lights on blind curves and don't go against flow of traffic on way out. Try and pick a lo use time of travel. Well worth the drive I thought.
Posted By: Judman Re: Maui - 03/05/21
Cool fish to be caught. I take a little tackle box, a reel and just buy a cheap pole when I get over there. Use squid for bait. Some days I’ll just sit on the beach drink beer and fish with the Ol lady, good times
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Hard livin for sure.. 👍
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Maui - 03/05/21
Originally Posted by Judman
Cool fish to be caught. I take a little tackle box, a reel and just buy a cheap pole when I get over there. Use squid for bait. Some days I’ll just sit on the beach drink beer and fish with the Ol lady, good times

Hard livin for sure.. 👍

What kinda fish is that ???
Christmas wrasse
Posted By: Model70Fan Re: Maui - 03/05/21
What knife is that??
It’s a godogs 57, hank Hammond on here, Skelton knife. Bought several of em, cool blade
Posted By: Model70Fan Re: Maui - 03/05/21
I’d like to snatch one of those.
© 24hourcampfire