Home
Posted By: CBB Plum Island? - 05/05/21
Anyone here have any experience in the plum island areas? Wife booked a rental for a vacation and I plan to do some fishing. We will be up there last week of June. Curious what we could get into besides stripers.
Posted By: VinceM Re: Plum Island? - 05/06/21
In Orient Point marina theres some boats for charter ,and a few " head boats" but I think you need to call ahead possibly for reservation on the head boats. They fish all around the Plum Is. ,Gardiners bay and LI Sound. Fluke season has started . Porgies & black seabass have seasons too . Last year was good . I hear there's weakfish ( sea trout) running pretty good currently. West of OrientPoint Marina in Greenport ,there's a head boat " Peconic Star" they go for species named above. From Peconic Bay all the way out East to the Fisher's Island Race there's excellent fishing that time of year

Orient Point & Greenport are on the North Fork of long Island Tight lines ,great boating area
Great beach fishing in the towns of Peconic and Southold ,again on the North Fork . The North shore ,LI Sound in my opinion is better for surf
Capt. John Sinning of the Sundowner out of Orient Pt. 631 765 2227

http://sundownercharters.com/

I highly recommend John ,his son John too Excellent !!

That pic in my posts is on the deck of the Sundowner around the time you're wanting to fish Plum Is. West side they call the " Gut" is where those spring stripers were taken in the day
time John can do split day charter you target a few species ,He and his Son are experts in the Plum Is area
Posted By: CBB Re: Plum Island? - 05/06/21
Thanks for the info guys!! Much appreciated!
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Plum Island? - 05/06/21
Plum island striper
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Plum Island? - 05/06/21
PM Kamo Gari, Leighton he lives right there, he can also hook you up on some outstanding places to eat.
Posted By: JDK Re: Plum Island? - 05/07/21
Vince and CBB are talking 2 different Plum Islands I believe. One in New York and one in Massachusetts.
Posted By: CBB Re: Plum Island? - 05/07/21
Yeah I just realized that also looking at the Charter. We are going to Massachusetts
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Plum Island? - 05/07/21
Newbury port, get a hold of Leighton.
Posted By: CBB Re: Plum Island? - 06/30/21
[Linked Image from udrop.com]

My boy caught this hawg off the surf today using clams. We've caught lots of Schoolies.. this is the first biggun
Posted By: ribka Re: Plum Island? - 07/01/21
Originally Posted by CBB
[Linked Image from udrop.com]

My boy caught this hawg off the surf today using clams. We've caught lots of Schoolies.. this is the first biggun

clams? nice!!! Whats the slot limit now? I miss striper fishing from the beach. looks around 42 -44 inches
Posted By: CBB Re: Plum Island? - 07/01/21
I believe the slot limit is 26-36. We didn't plan on keeping any. We measured it at 46".
© 24hourcampfire