Home
Posted By: Just a Hunter Asking for Fish Recipes - 12/14/21
My son and I went to Alaska this summer and caught all species of salmon, but sockeye. We also caught halibut, ling cod and rockfish. Anyone willing to share recipes for these fish would be greatly appreciated. I also, have a pellet grill to try them on.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Asking for Fish Recipes - 12/15/21
Simple and easy, Salmon filet dry and seasoned skin on, sear in skillet about 3 minutes per side.

Have rice cooking in a skillet with a cover, 10 minutes before its done put salmon in skin side down, with butter on top. When rice is done serve and eat.

I use instant rice which has a 10 minute cooking time, Frozen fish taste fresh this way and the skin adds flavor. Average Red filet is about right for 2 people.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Asking for Fish Recipes - 12/15/21
Halibut is good beer battered.
Posted By: Esteban325 Re: Asking for Fish Recipes - 12/15/21
The best piece of fish I ever had was a piece of patagonian toothfish, just some butter and a little bit of salt, garlic, and pepper, watched or somehow timed miraculously timed to get just enough heat to cook but not fully set into flake. Smoke is good but this was on gas, really just a slight char flavor is needed. That stuff had the best taste ever, and melted in your mouth. It is easy to cook to flake but I suggest maybe trying the angle I learned here.
Posted By: RayO Re: Asking for Fish Recipes - 12/15/21
On halibut and rockfish I use " Dixie Fry".Make a milk and egg wash to dip the fish in then dredge in the Dixie Fry.Frys up real nice.
Thank you.
The only way to screw up good fish is to over cook it. I like salmon plain. Just let its own flavor come out.
Rockfish,drizzle olive oil over it, sprinkle Cajun seasoning and bread crumbs on it and broil it until it pops. when the meat pops and just starts to flake, pull it out.
Halibut is boring as hell. give it whatever flavorings you like. or beer batter and deep fry it.
Rockfish is excellent when rolled in flour, dipped in egg, then rolled in Panko. Fried in hot oil.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Smaller pieces are better.

P
© 24hourcampfire