Home
Posted By: mow1954 Lower Laguna Madre - 09/16/22
Will be fishing out of Port Isabel next week. Any recommendations on lures right now?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Lower Laguna Madre - 09/17/22
Mir o lures white with a redhead, lot of choices but this one seems to always work.

I prefer to use live croaker on the bottom with a small split shot or live shrimp under a popping cork.

soft plastics, Pumpkinseed with a Chartreuse Tail or Laguna Pearl (Green Glitter over Pearl) or Texas Chicken (Pink over Chartreuse Sparkle with Red Tail). Texas Trout Killers by Texas Tackle Factory. Colors: Morning Glory (Black with a Chartreuse Tail) or Red Shad (Black over Dark Red) or Pumpkinseed with a Chartreuse Tail.

Devil Eye by Brown Lures. Colors: Amber or Black Cat (Black with a Chartreuse Tail) or Dark Strawberry Blue (with a White Tail).

I’ll use 1/8, 1/4, and 3/8 oz. jig heads, screw locks with black nickel hooks.

Johnson Sprite Spoon. gold/ Silver 1/4 or 1/2 oz.

I don't fish the bays or laguna much anymore, prefer to go offshore. ask around the local bait tackle stores when you get there.
Posted By: Plumdog Re: Lower Laguna Madre - 09/18/22
"Without chartreuse it's just no use" - heard from a guide around here.
I like chunk mullet or whatever (sandtrout) on a circle hook without weight.
Posted By: Lslite Re: Lower Laguna Madre - 09/18/22
Just got back from Port Mansfield, any color was good as long as it had a chartreuse tail.
Posted By: Sponxx Re: Lower Laguna Madre - 09/18/22
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Mir o lures white with a redhead, lot of choices but this one seems to always work.

I prefer to use live croaker on the bottom with a small split shot or live shrimp under a popping cork.

soft plastics, Pumpkinseed with a Chartreuse Tail or Laguna Pearl (Green Glitter over Pearl) or Texas Chicken (Pink over Chartreuse Sparkle with Red Tail). Texas Trout Killers by Texas Tackle Factory. Colors: Morning Glory (Black with a Chartreuse Tail) or Red Shad (Black over Dark Red) or Pumpkinseed with a Chartreuse Tail.

Devil Eye by Brown Lures. Colors: Amber or Black Cat (Black with a Chartreuse Tail) or Dark Strawberry Blue (with a White Tail).

I don't fish the bays or laguna much anymore, prefer to go offshore. ask around the local bait tackle stores when you get there.

Rog, We need to get together at some point and catch some "feesh" or toothies.
I have duplicated my number of kids since we went to the "24HCF at PINS" and met some wonderful gents
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Lower Laguna Madre - 09/18/22
Originally Posted by Sponxx
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Rog, We need to get together at some point and catch some "feesh" or toothies.
I have duplicated my number of kids since we went to the "24HCF at PINS" and met some wonderful gents
would enjoy that, just need to get some free time.
Posted By: mow1954 Re: Lower Laguna Madre - 09/21/22
Thanks for the input guys. The soft plastic with chartreuse tail is working well
© 24hourcampfire