Home
Posted By: RickinTN Fishing Hilton Head in June? - 09/11/23
Hello all,
My wife and I are invited to spend a week on Hilton Head next June to celebrate one of my best friends girlfriends birthday. We talked about planning some fishing while we are there. What would you suggest? any tips? recommended guides? What would we expect to catch?
Thanks for an info,
Rick
A redfish trip should be good that time of the year.
Possibly. The spottails are more abundant in Winyah Bay near Georgetown later in the year so I suggest going slightly offshore and hunting wahoo.
Offshore for dolphin should still be good, offshore wreck-reefs should be good for cobia, kings, bottom fish, and amberjacks if that spins your motor
Should be able to get some tuna then, big eyes are around then.
You won't find any big eye tunas off SC. Matter of fact to target yellowfin you have to go to the east side of the gulf stream. The only commonly-found tuna we have in normal offshore trolling waters are blackfins. Very, very rarely you'll hear of big eyes caught off of Hatteras (NC) in the same waters as the bluefins, which unfortunately if over 500-mile up the coast by car.
My nephew Jackson operates Runaway Charters on HHI - he can tell you exactly what you could expect
© 24hourcampfire