Home
Went down to Venice for several days this week. I’ve never had a bad trip and wasn’t disappointed this time either. Full day Tuesday, found the Speckled Trout and a few small White Trout that made the slot, most specs were 2-4 lbs. Jigs only. The reds were not cooperating well but we found 5 nice 4-6 lbs.
Wednesday completely rained out.
Today was really productive on Red Fish using shrimp, kept 10 with several between 10-15 pounds, only fished the morning as our plane was wheels up at 2:30.
If anyone knows of a private airport closer than NOLA please let me know. The Global Venture gas hub construction has HWY 23 clogged with 3000 daily workers bused in for 2 shifts.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Venice LA, inshore success - 10/26/23
Congrats! Always fun catching big Reds, Specs and Flounder as well - might eat better -

Grilled with Crabmeat and Shrimp stuffing is no joke!

smile
Congratulations! Love hearing good big red and speckled trout stories. Used to wade for them up around Weedon Island when I was a younger fella. Heckuva lot of fun wading for them in and around the mangroves and oyster beds. Some of the most fun stealth fishing on the planet.
© 24hourcampfire