Home
Posted By: dennisinaz 4-6 day Tuna trips - 12/09/02
I'm new to this forum so I hope Im not trying to re-hash an old subject.
<br>Any of you have any experience on a 4-6 day trip out of San Diego into Mexican waters off Baja?
<br>
<br>I've done a 3 day out of San Diego but it turned out to be just an Albacore trip.
Posted By: VernAK Re: 4-6 day Tuna trips - 12/22/02
Dennis,
<br>I have fished several 18 day tuna trips out of San Diego...things are in turmoil now as the Mexican Government has put the Riva Islan cahin off limits for the past year.....the trips you are talking, are not down that far...this provise soem extraordinary fishing...
<br>
<br>Have you checked the Allcoast board.....it is almost all longrange San Diego tuna fishermen....These guys are the advance guard in rod/reel testing and tinkering....a 200 pound YFT [yellow fin tuna] from an anchored boat is like hooking a big white tail buck....like nothing you can imagine...
<br>
<br>Maybe I can find the site etc
<br>
<br>Vern
<br>Delta juct, Alaska
<br>
<br>
Posted By: wildone Re: 4-6 day Tuna trips - 12/22/02
Vern I didn't know you fish ...... its Dean from the Kiaru board.
Posted By: VernAK Re: 4-6 day Tuna trips - 12/23/02
Hi Dean,

Merry Christmas!

I try to do all sorts of things, while I still can. These long range fishing trips have been restricted by the Mexican Government. I still make two trips a year to LaPaz, Baja for some good fishing.

For San Diego Long Range fishing check out;
www.allcoastsportfishing.com
A very good chat room.....probably the most knowledgeable rod/reel gears available.

It's been a mild winter here in Delta but my mind still wanders toward warmer waters.

Happy Holidays....Vern
Posted By: wildone Re: 4-6 day Tuna trips - 12/24/02
I have been over there I was looking for some info to plan a trip to Cabo looks like I might go this coming fall .Happy Holidays to you and yours as well .......
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: 4-6 day Tuna trips - 02/04/03
I decided to do another trip to S/E Alaska instead. I like the variety that we got with the Salmon and bottom fish.

I know they have been having fits with their winter trips and are still going to Cllipperton but I'm not ready for a 4 day boat ride BEFORE we start fishing...
Posted By: BW Re: 4-6 day Tuna trips - 02/05/03
dennisinaz,

Please check your PM's.

Thanks...
© 24hourcampfire